Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know this has been discussed before, but having requested advice on various issues, I thought I'd put a recommendation on that someone may find useful. Having had two genuine Toyota batteries fail after around 3 years, my current one just out of warranty, I thought it was time to shop around. It's been said on this forum that only a Toyota Battery will fit properly, this is not true. After some research, looking at spec, branding, warranties and price, I decided I wanted a Bosch Battery ,   the S4 series with a 4 year warranty. I just fitted a Bosch S4 026 Battery and it is a perfect fit. The spec matches my Toyota Battery exactly, with 630A and 70 Ah. So I have a new Battery, same spec with 4 year guarantee instead of 3, and it was cheaper. For those with a Costco card, they sell them at the lowest price (it may be a special order and take a couple of days, although I was lucky, they had one in stock), without the potential faff and expense of buying online and potentially having to return a heavy Battery by post if a fault develops. If you get one, the correct Battery is the S4 026, not the S4 027, which is identical except the terminals are the wrong way around, don't ask me how I know.

Hopefully, someone may find this useful. For those of you with a cynical bent, I have no connection with either Bosch or Costco, it's just a recommendation

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Didn't know Toyota batteries were so bad. I put a genuine Toyota Battery in mine just after I bought my LS430 after seeing they were much cheaper then the equivalent Bosch Battery. Anyway I've used Bosch in all my previous cars and they've served me well so you shouldn't have any issues. Another good place to pick them up is Euro Car Parts during their sales. I got my last Battery from them with a 50% discount!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, DruLS said:

Didn't know Toyota batteries were so bad. I put a genuine Toyota battery in mine just after I bought my LS430 after seeing they were much cheaper then the equivalent Bosch battery. Anyway I've used Bosch in all my previous cars and they've served me well so you shouldn't have any issues. Another good place to pick them up is Euro Car Parts during their sales. I got my last battery from them with a 50% discount!

ECP almost always have discount codes going.  My Battery was cheaper from Costco, even though ECP had 45% off batteries at the tiime

My current Battery (only one month old) and the previous ones were Exide range, slightly underspec but previous lasted 55 months, car used every day.  About the same price as Bosch.

If you get an RAC Battery they give 5 year guarentee, but last time they quoted me it was £120, so given Exide has 2 year guarantee, but always lasted at least 4 to 5 years for me, seems like not worth paying RAC premium.

Having said that, my wife had her RAC Battery fail 10 days before the end of 5yr guarantee, so result, she has a new Battery, so for her worth paying the premium.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links