Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Famous People You've Met

My younger bro texted me today and said that Supracharged-IS340 came into his work today to renew his car parking permit. He was a little star struck but didn't go ga-ga and ask for an autograph!

Which brings on the question - have any of you guys met anyone famous?

I once served Jonathan Ross when I was working in a London games shop, but I guess that pales into comparison to being about 3 feet away from Hilary Clinton when she was doing the rounds at Covent Garden a few years back - I remember all the FBI suits with their black gloves, shades and earpieces all over the place!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had lunch with Supracharged-IS340 at his stately home

Chatted to Mel C at the airport.. was on the same plane as I

Said Hi to the queen once... trying to light my B&H cigarette in the wind

Jim Davision after show

Caddied for Russ Abbot

few others.. cannot think at the mo

Spoke to Gabrielle Glaister (Patricia Farnham in Brookside) when she was buying a new a few years back

Micheal Cains daughter was in our dealership this morning if that counts

Oh does Father Christmas count when I was 5,

when i worked in a toyota dealership nassa hussain (cricketer) bought his celica in cause hed pranged it

met bryan harvey (east 17) when he brought his toyota previa into lexus/toyota dealership i worked in

john

Spoke to Gabrielle Glaister (Patricia Farnham in Brookside) when she was buying a new a few years back

chris.. did she shout "I want that bloody car NOW" in a michael caine accent??

The queen a few times

few Generals and other such nobs

John Major

Mellinda messenger

Jordan

Miss World 1995

muhamid Ali

eric Cantona

ryan giggs

nevell brothers

Ben Thornley

Jim from Coronation street

Fish (marillion- drank whiskey in a bar in Bosnia with him)

Jim Davidson

and some others

No but I was tempted to shout "youre only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

well a lot of them live in my area and quite often bump into them.. i have met and spoke to :-

eric clapton.. just the best .. very nice guy

jim davindson ...whilst drunk total w.......r

phil collins... nice guy

tony hart (o.k who remembers morph..lol ) very nice chap spoke to him a few times

Chris evans..another w......r lives just round the corner from me..

Anthea turner...nice enough down to earth

Kenny jones... been in his house watched him play drums.. COOL

richard obrian .. Rocky horror show.. used to come in my local every thurs day but a bottle of holston 20 fags sit down ..watch us play pool have a couple of games with us and leave always a quiet guy never said to much

jeramy clarkson and tiff at the carshow at earles court..

Jac

No but I was tempted to shout "youre only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

classic chris!!.. brilliant

opps i have gone :offtopic:

sorry

When I was about 12 I went to my local town hall and watched Big Daddy and Giant haystacks.. :lol:

Got a Signed Photo of Big daddy and Orson the star pig (not sure what happen to Orson, or Big daddy come to think) Still have the photo on my wall! :whistling:

when i worked in a toyota dealership nassa hussain (cricketer) bought his celica in cause hed pranged it

met bryan harvey (east 17) when he brought his toyota previa into lexus/toyota dealership i worked in

john

was that essex park toyota?

I played and sang live on Radio Lancashire about four years back and spent the morning with Jim Bowen of "Bullseye" fame.. He was a top guy and whilst I was talking to him I asked about my Mums old story about him teaching her when she was at school.. Turns out that Mum was telling the truth :o He remembered her from all those years ago.. She was in the school brass band and he was the music and maths teacher... Small world people... :D

Elvis Costello @ Manchester Airport, Moxsey from Auf Wiedersehen Pet in a hotel in Glasgow. Fred MacAulay (Scottish Comedian) when I worked for BT and we went for a couple of pints. The Housemartin's. Sir Alex Ferguson well I am from Aberdeen. Toploader. Saw Johnny Cash. There are more but I can't remember.

This is really a cool topic - lol

I had the pleasure of meeting Rolf Harris - I was young and suffering from a wicked cough at one of his shows, he took me on stage and introduced me as the little coughing boy....think it was in Bournemouth

Had lunch with Cat Deeley and Gareth Gates at Safeways picnic in the park in 2002 - that was interesting - and yes she is bloody fit!

Also, at the same event met, Ashley Cole, Gabriel, Joan Collins (Got really star-struck then!!!), and also Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster (***** she has long legs!!!!)

I regualrly meet the Man Utd football team, i love taking my little lad and wife down to the training ground. And if there aint loads of people waiting(you have to know the right time!! ;-) )

They stop and chat..... Myself, wife and little boy(who at the time had just started walking) Had a kick about with Ruud Van Nistlerooy, David Beckham, and Ole G.S.....It was ace..... I have the Little boys first UTD kit ( 6-12months) Signed by almost the whole team!! And my shirt also signed....

I have met quite a few that i can`t think of at the moment....

MUST SAY.... i bumped into Peter Andre in Manchester the other day, i couldn`t stand him in that programme on telly, but he is a top bloke!!!

When i was about 8 Barry McGuigan the boxer was stopping in the same hotel as us in Antigua. I was a bit too young to appreciate it but my dad, a massive boxing fan, was starstruck!

I also met Darth Vader outside toymaster in York when i was a kid. :P

well i am a close friend of the daughter of Howard williams from Manfred Man. 5 4 3 2 1 fame, lol. i go on little trips with them to their holidays homes in palm springs and spain n stuff, also has a way cool yaught moored up in portsmouth. altho it made me sea sick when we sailed to spain. He is a top bloke and loves his cars. even let me take out his new 911 convertible. silly man!

He is a great buisiness man and we are going to go into buisiness in a few years together when i have settled down enuf.

Also met chris eubank outside parliment near work the other week, very nice guy, said hi and was realy friendly asking how we all are etc.

Had the pleasure of scaring the **** out of dermot oleary (big brother presentor) a few years back when i was being filmed for big breakfast about Downhill MTB racing. he was standing in between a set of doubles (twin ramps with a gap between) and was filming away when i jumped over the top of him and missed his head by 10cm, looked so good on film. he just fell to the floor and was a right little sissy. he annoyed the hell out of everyone including the crew. loves himself so so much. so we spent the day taking the ***** out of him.

Also threw a waterbottle at "Dean Gafney" (robbie from eastenders) when he made a "Guest" appearance at a club. kinda started a riot tho as everyone else started throwing stuff at him and he was evacuated.

I hate minor celebs, pointless waste of time me thinks.

anyway, celebs are just people in my opinion and are just as vunerable as us to attack, lol.

Also have been on a few nights out with Lee from the band blue. he is a top bloke. was in the paper not long ago from when he invited us to the concert in brighton, we went to the after show party at the hotel and the manager was giving us hastle so lee decided it was time to spray her with the fire extinguisher, her face was a picture.

He was also given a brand new BMW M3 convertible by bmw! and got £1million from pepsi for being a Pepsi person which he spent £900,000 on a kick ***** flat in london. I wanna be a celeb now!