Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too good to be true? E-bay 2016 RCF £18,100

Up for sale on e-bay at the moment is what is either the bargain of the year or a con.

25000 miles TVD although it is white for £18,1000

10 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

That reg is now on a Tesla. 

So probably wants to move it on quickly. 

But then if he wants to move it on quickly, surely selling it through webuyanycar/arnold clark or something would be quicker and just as easy. I am sure they will offer similar value to what is listed.

8 minutes ago, Arqum said:

It's a con. Read the add and given email address. Please look at all the other cars. 

You're right, the other items are equally too good to be true. E-bay is getting a bit like the wild west these days.

• Like 1

Is it gone now or I just can't find it?

found it, along with all the other 'bargains' a Bently GT for £10k ( with a 2k plate inc)....where's me wallet.

Not sure if the motor home seller has anything to do with it or his account has been hacked and the email contact is a divert? Looks like the motor home sellers account has not been used for a while ( nearly all feedback over a year old) so Jonny Chancer has chose a dormant account by looks of it.  Either way 'barge pole' comes to mind. So spend your hard earned wisely folks.

paul m.

• Like 1

Looks like Jonny has been Sussed and the only thing listed now by the 'seller' is a set of alloys, so where have all those super car, super bargains gone I wonder?

Just had another look too,all gone except for a set of alloy wheels,really does make you wonder and once again reinforces the need to always be careful and vigilant 

4 hours ago, scudney said:

Just had another look too,all gone except for a set of alloy wheels,really does make you wonder and once again reinforces the need to always be careful and vigilant 

I would hate to think anyone would actually fork out money without any concrete proof the car existed. You could argue a fool and his money are easily parted.

eBay have to shoulder the blame for hosting this complete charade (it was about 25 vehicles and a number of camper vans in the end). They somehow latched onto a genuine business yet google took you straight to their phone number. I nearly rang them to tell them they were being piggy backed but I guess it was sussed.

Surely these jokers would be better off advertising one or two vehicles rather than a fleet. 

"Surely these jokers would be better off advertising one or two vehicles rather than a fleet."

yes you are right and that is how some people do actually get duped, but please don't be giving these Herbert's any pointers on how to make their fake ad's more realistic! You sound like you have your wits about you but these chancers prey on the not so savvy and are not as switched on as some of us, just gotta be very wary out there and yes eBay are culpable in my eyes, 

paul m.

I reported it to e-bay as a potential fraudulent sale just after Arqum's post about the other vehicles for sale. E-bay should reward members for doing their policing.

• Like 1