Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advise Needed What Would You Do

hi picked up my new is200 today part exed my golf 1.8 turbo i was home 10mins when the phone rang it was the dealer saying my px is a import and worth £1000 less than they allowed me on the new car but they would stand half and expect me to pay another £500 how can you tell if its a import all the books are in english mph clocks etc i did buy it new from a discount outlet and they assured me it was a uk car it has been into main agents twice for warrenty work with no probs they had all the documents before collection for plate changeover so where do i stand legally to be honest this has marred a perfect day i was well chuffed with the new car now i wish i had not bothered :angry:

Sorry to hear about your bad day mate but I look at it like this... Dealers screw us right down on px so that they can make as much as possible on them when they re-sell them... I know that's business but they should have checked out your car properly before you did the deal.. Tough luck to the dealer.. You win some, you lose some.. Looks like this time the dealer lost.. :lol: Enjoy your IS :driving:

hi picked up my new is200 today part exed my golf 1.8 turbo i was home 10mins when the phone rang it was the dealer saying my px is a import and worth £1000 less than they allowed me on the new car but they would stand half and expect me to pay another £500 how can you tell if its a import all the books are in english mph clocks etc i did buy it new from a discount outlet and they assured me it was a uk car it has been into main agents twice for warrenty work with no probs they had all the documents before collection for plate changeover so where do i stand legally to be honest this has marred a perfect day i was well chuffed with the new car now i wish i had not bothered :angry:

I had a similar issue with mine only i knew mine was imported so i admitted it, however he did say when they check the car for any outstanding HP it would show up anyway. So sounds like they did not do their homework b4 agreeing the deal with you.

Not sure where you stand maybe you could say u didnt want the car now and see if they decide to cut their losses and admint their mistake and let you off 100%. Sounds risky that 1 tho

If you have signed on the dotted line and the car is urs cant see how they can make u pay any more

Give Citizens advice a call if you're in doubt.

As I understand it though, if you've handed over the money and all the paperwork is in order, the deal is done. As Nodstar said, you'll get shafted buying other cars - put this one down to the good guys and enjoy your Lex.

Oh, and don't be swayed by any sob stories - eg. thats my bonus for two months gone, I'm in a lot of trouble with my boss, I've got 20 starving kids at home etc. Sounds like someone screwed up and is trying to make good.

thanks for the replys lads they did hpi the golf it showed my no plate as being on a bmw that was mine but with finance owing to the new owner so i had to contact the finance company to get their customers reg plate and take it off register the golf came back clean being on my plate as well they even checked the service history while i was there and said it was fine i told them i would get some legal advice tomorrow and get back to them on weds i will let you know how i get on

Tell em to get lost :angry: .On what grounds do they base your car being worth less ,i presume it has a full v/w service history etc .when you say import do you mean it came from germany etc as i had a GTi turbo from there and got the same trade in as a uk car .phone them tomorrow and tell them you want some money back as you have found out your car was imported from japan :)

The dealer has marked up the Lexus they sold you in the first place.

It was upto them to do the relevant checks at the time.

If they press on with the £500, ring and speak to the dealer principle at that Lexus branch.

If no joy with that... Suggest to them you will return their car and get full refund as you have found a better deal elsewhere anyways...

Then see what they have to say...

Civil laws not my forte but I agree with the rest of the gang. It sounds like the garage hasn’t done their home work.........not your fault. Check your contract, read the small print as with all contract some THINGS are legally binding. As long as you never knowing lead them to believe your old was any but what you honestly believed it to be (a UK car). Then I personally believe the garage will have to cover their own loss.......................

I'd be looking for a new Lexus garage to get it service in the future

:driving:

looking at everyones comments it looks like i will be telling them where to go i just dont like things like this hanging over me it should of been a done deal yes mudzs it was a main agent based in stockport (hint) part of the same group that serviced the golf and did the warrenty work they even had the log book from the 18th feb i cant understand how they failed to spot a problem before today thanks for all your replys and welcome to the club

They aint got a leg to stand on .phone them tomorrow and ask to speak to the manager or higher ,tell them how worried you have been all night etc and tell them you are going to report them to lexus .the only difference between your car and a uk model would probaly be the length of the warrenty they are useally just a year instead of the standard three ,it is how the car supermarkets sell them so cheap and flog you there own warranty for the remaining two years, some dealers feel this should show in the used price as the car was cheaper when new. But the deal is done and most importantly both signitures are on your paperwork :winky:

I agree with Dodgy.

You must carefully read your paperwork, if you have signed / ticked something that says your car was UK supplied / not imported then you may be on a sticky wicket.

Also if you got a copy of your V5 and it says not UK supplied then providing they had it before the final payment on money they are on sticky wicket.

Also if you genuinely didn't know it was an import even though you bought it from a supermarket well that's in your favour.

Read carefully before you say anything to them.

I think you will be o.k be nice and say sorry but I was unaware myself it was an import and there prior check should have spotted this b4 i bought the car.. i was at my maximum and i am unable to pay any extra and will not now as the deal has been done

hi the new car order states that the seller (dealer ) has examined the said used vehicle prior to his confirmation and acceptance of this order the said used vehicle shall be delivered to him in the same condition as at the date of such examination (fair wear and tear excepted) and the dealer has signed to this on the used car declaration there is a box ticked that the car was not used abroad before first reg in uk when i collected the car it had 5 miles on the clock and had just been pdied it was a new car so my statement is true the books are in english there was nothing to suggest that the car was imported at no time did i think it was anything but genuine during my ownership as the dealer has stated the car was inspected by himself prior to signing the contact you think they would look for this sort of thing before agreeing a deal at the moment i am going to wait and see what happens and if they get nasty with me i will seek the advise of a solicitor and contact lexus gb

I think if you have told them you are getting legal advise they might well back down.. if you now tell them you have had advise(well you have from us lot)..lol and you feel that under the terms that both parties signed there is no case for extra monies to be paid.. see what he say's to that

jac

phoned today i told them that i was not paying any more and that as far as i and my advisers were concerned it was a done deal i had not hoodwinked them in any way and that they should look for this sort of thing if they feel imports are not worth as much as uk supplied cars their not very happy but it looks like they are dropping the matter thanks for all the support lads as without it i might of caved

phoned today i told them that i was not paying any more and that as far as i and my advisers were concerned it was a done deal i had not hoodwinked them in any way and that they should look for this sort of thing if they feel imports are not worth as much as uk supplied cars their not very happy but it looks like they are dropping the matter thanks for all the support lads as without it i might of caved

glad it worked out well ,now tell them you want a free service for all the stress they have caused you :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links