Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

what kind of price should i be looking to pay to get a decent enough gs450h say 2007-2009?

seems there aren't any privately owned and looked after examples around at the moment

Keep looking, there aren't many around but one will pop up.

As for price, that's pretty much set by the market, spec's, condition and what prices folks are willing to pay.

Good luck in your quest.

none of them really shine, i've around £5k to play with, perhaps my budget is too low.

I almost pulled the trigger on this one: 

- but found the thread about it before hand and decided against it. that one looked ok and in a good price range, but of course hid those faults. i guess i need to pay a bit more and find one from an enthusiast maybe.

Yes, vehicles in that price range are getting older now so will more than likely have a few faults.  

The trick is finding one that's right for you and your wallet.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, fred81 said:

what kind of price should i be looking to pay to get a decent enough gs450h say 2007-2009?

seems there aren't any privately owned and looked after examples around at the moment

£9000 (2009) max with one owner and full LSH.

They are a much loved car and rarely sold by an owner who cares for them, but good luck and do report back on your quest.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, fred81 said:

none of them really shine, i've around £5k to play with, perhaps my budget is too low.

I almost pulled the trigger on this one: 

- but found the thread about it before hand and decided against it. that one looked ok and in a good price range, but of course hid those faults. i guess i need to pay a bit more and find one from an enthusiast maybe.

• 5 weeks later...

I did end up purchasing the car linked in the thread - i drove 1000k in the first week of ownership and it performed very well. has some jobs to do but i don't use my car in the week (it's garaged) so I will be attending to these as and when.

so far i am enjoying owning the GS - my previous LS400 was meaner in terms of size and noise but the GS is much sleeker.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fred81 said:

I did end up purchasing the car linked in the thread - i drove 1000k in the first week of ownership and it performed very well. has some jobs to do but i don't use my car in the week (it's garaged) so I will be attending to these as and when.

so far i am enjoying owning the GS - my previous LS400 was meaner in terms of size and noise but the GS is much sleeker.

That was my GS450h, hope it serves you well, a very solid well made car. 😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fred81 said:

actually i meant 1000 miles not 1000k hahaha

Some of us knew what you meant Fred, but the astrophysicists amongst us didn`t !!

Do enjoy what is an amazing car which does not have to be driven to excess to be enjoyed.

so a little update on this car, it passed the 100k mark this weekend 🙂

jobs done: 

4 new pirelli cinturato p7 tyres
balancing & 4 wheel alignment
latest sat nav disc (E1G)

jobs need doing:

new exhaust section (perhaps longlife?) - hole in rear silencer
full service

alignment/geometry setup - perhaps a trip to wheels in motion is needed here as the car is pulling slightly to the left
number plate - any ideas on this please? i have a private 3x3 style plate to put on this. i don't like the larger rear plate and ideally i don't want to pierce the plates to mount them. anyone else using a number plate frame that fits using the existing mounting holes? and using adhesive tabs to mount the plate inside? any advice welcome on this. also advice welcome on plate suppliers that keep their postcode and other legal requirements small and to a minimum - or even, lexus plates?
alloy wheel refurbishment - the wheels have all gone typical lexus - anyone got any ideas where to go in the north west (manchester) to get these refurbished? prices?
possible privacy glass/tint for the rear windows
chipped windscreen

i was LED into a false sense of security with the front demister button - i'd have thought this would be similar to Fords with heating elements in the screen, but it just puts the air con on max etc. gutted!

• 5 weeks later...

noise level is fine, i've been driving round for a month with a missing silencer, so i can't really compare it to stock. but it's not intrusive.

warranty info attached

20191015_184748.jpg

• Like 1

I had a run up from Sheffield because I'd heard so much about him and I wasn't getting any quotes local to me for less than £500. My GS has had a stainless exhaust fitted but the rear silencers are tiny and it drones terribly. I just want Tony to make it as quiet as possible. £299 :biggrin:

• Like 1

If they've just gone yellow you could try the ArmorAll kit from Halfords. Two chemical wipes and a sealant. Works well. Anything worse than that and I've had good results with the Autoglym kit.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/clay-bars-detailing-products/armor-all-headlight-restorer-wipes-kit

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-cleaning-kits/autoglym-headlight-restoration-complete-kit

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

If they've just gone yellow you could try the ArmorAll kit from Halfords. Two chemical wipes and a sealant. Works well. Anything worse than that and I've had good results with the Autoglym kit.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/clay-bars-detailing-products/armor-all-headlight-restorer-wipes-kit

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-cleaning-kits/autoglym-headlight-restoration-complete-kit

Toothpaste and Brasso can both be effective also.

@fred81 / Fred, how bad are your headlights? 

Could you post up some pictures as I gave mine a quick polish by hand over a year ago and although they improved but still had some marks. 

Here are my earlier pic's and the lights look nasty again now, I didn't seal them - doh.

6848ab51ea5902ad2144c473ccc32e0a.jpg&key

836de031d43199c1ec2bfd2b21596fae.jpg&key

So maybe I need to give then a good sanding and then polish / seal.