Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I filled up the car today as we are taking a run to the coast tomorrow . My trip at fill up was 398 miles and I squeezed 46.7 ltrs into it 1.31 of shells regular petrol £65 ish the fuel gauge was reading roughly 1/4 left .im sure I read these had a 65 Ltd tank range the fuel gauge said 69 miles cruise range left .now I've filled up it says 414 cruise range .im not really worried about how far it goes on a tank but I'm sure some of you chaps love this stuff .

Well having studied my usage if your doing 30-50 roads and really watching your eco/power gauge it's quite easy .took another run to the coast and found the power off junctions and round about when you have bloody audis or bmws up your chuff fun winding them up as you know there fighting there gearbox then I just roll off to the speed limit .and they can't get past without doing something daft .you can see it on there face what the hell is that lol.but it burns juice .

14 hours ago, Lost it said:

How much do you think it being a hybrid has helped with this? I'm still clocking circa 27mpg on my daily run.

Perhaps you are driving it fast like your motor bike! LOL

You are getting fewer MPG than others have posted and I don't think the majority  here would get anything like an overall fuel consumption of 30+ MPG from such a heavy and unstreamlined vehicle if it was not a hybrid. (I only average 24 mpg overall on my 5 series 3 Litre petrol BMW and it is considerably lighter and more streamlined than the RX.)

As has been discussed on another thread on this forum, there are a number of reasons to account for relatively small differences members find in MPG in normal use.  This excludes anybody deliberately driving as though they are on an 'economy run competition' I would seriously investigate all aspects affecting my MPG if i was only getting 27 though.

21 hours ago, Lost it said:

How much do you think it being a hybrid has helped with this? I'm still clocking circa 27mpg on my daily run.

Are you brimming up and calculating tankful to tankful or are you going by the computer? 

You certainly need to check by the former method over a few tankfuls to get a true reading. Don't use the car in Eco mode and only use Sport if you want to do a fast overtake. 

Unless you are driving like Clarkson you should achieve above 30mpg in normal use. 

Watch the YouTube video by Lexus on driving a hybrid. That will assist you in getting better mpg. 

I always do a brim to brim analysis of my fuel consumption and calculate after several thousand miles. My 05 RX gave about 23.4 mpg which I thought was pretty good for such a heavy car. The dash computer was hopelessly inaccurate reading about 2 miles per gallon above this. My current RX450h is a massive improvement and the last calculation gave 40.1 mpg ! and the screen gave similar figures. The hybrid is adding power to the drive but it's when you stop that the fuel is saved when the engine is shut down. I am amazed that such a big car can deliver such economy.

Alan 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, Barry14UK said:

Perhaps you are driving it fast like your motor bike! LOL

You are getting fewer MPG than others have posted and I don't think the majority  here would get anything like an overall fuel consumption of 30+ MPG from such a heavy and unstreamlined vehicle if it was not a hybrid. (I only average 24 mpg overall on my 5 series 3 Litre petrol BMW and it is considerably lighter and more streamlined than the RX.)

As has been discussed on another thread on this forum, there are a number of reasons to account for relatively small differences members find in MPG in normal use.  This excludes anybody deliberately driving as though they are on an 'economy run competition' I would seriously investigate all aspects affecting my MPG if i was only getting 27 though.

Remember it's not a hybrid, and it's in as good a state of tune as any other one could be (because I've done it all myself) so as I usually average 30 ish with my 3.0 Jaguar's, I didn't think 27mpg was bad for a car that has the aerodynamic qualities of a cinder block. Rarely goes over the speed limit if at all because it's not the kind of vehicle that encourages that style of driving, it's on tyres that have exceptional wet weather performance so they won't be particularly good road friction wise and all in all I'm happy with what it's giving me per petrol station visit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links