Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS

Stompe

Easy answer - no.

I know because within about three days of driving away from the dealer after buying the car, I got a puncture so close to the sidewall that it (an almost brand new tyre) had to be replaced and no sensors were changed but the system still works as it should.

• Like 1

No, only if they are old or damaged in the tyre changing process. I’ve had one tyre off for a puncture within a month of getting the car and then again with the other 3 when I got cross climates put in. Make sure the garage fitting knows it has sensors so they can be extra careful and ensure they put the wheels back on in the same position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colin79666 said:

No, only if they are old or damaged in the tyre changing process. I’ve had one tyre off for a puncture within a month of getting the car and then again with the other 3 when I got cross climates put in. Make sure the garage fitting knows it has sensors so they can be extra careful and ensure they put the wheels back on in the same position. 

Thanks Colin, very helpful. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have just had 4 new tyres put on at Costco, it states on the receipt the vehicle has TPMS , and I have come away and the light stayed on, I checked the tyre pressures they were slightly high, and a back one a bit low. I have put the correct pressures in all tyres, give it a run about and the light is still on. Any help would be appreciated as there is no reset switch anywhere. This is a 2016 model, thanks in advance.

above the pedals there is a panel where the foot light is located

you will also see a tpms button this needs to be pressed and held

for a few seconds for the system to be reset.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 200h said:

above the pedals there is a panel where the foot light is located

you will also see a tpms button this needs to be pressed and held

for a few seconds for the system to be reset.

It is not there on my vehicle , I have looked all around there?

4 minutes ago, Quincemeister said:

It is not there on my vehicle , I have looked all around there?

Hi Quincemeister, you really have to get your head as close to the pedals as you can to find it. 

I would be interested to know what tyres you got from Costco? 

• Thanks 1

in the panel there are recesses the button is in one them ,

get your phone's camera and put it in selfie mode and use 

the camera to locate the reset button.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Stompe said:

Hi Quincemeister, you really have to get your head as close to the pedals as you can to find it. 

I would be interested to know what tyres you got from Costco? 

I got Michelin Primacy 4 215 x 45 x17 £265 for 4 bargain as far as I can tell. I will look again in the morning , but I don't see it at all.

2 minutes ago, Quincemeister said:

I got Michelin Primacy 4 215 x 45 x17 £265 for 4 bargain as far as I can tell. I will look again in the morning , but I don't see it at all.

I had them tryes on my previous Lexus ct200h, you wont be disappointed they are good tryes. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quincemeister said:

Thank you, did you mean Primacy 3 as the 4 has just come out according to Costco. They were cheaper too, so well happy.

No they were definitely 4, it was following a recommendation from the guy who worked at Costco at Lakeside. 

14 minutes ago, Quincemeister said:

Yet they have them in, saw them today?

when i had my ct i had 4 michelin CC's fitted absolutely great tyre to have winter or summer time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1