Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT 200H Advance Plus (2015) - purchasing advice / help

BGC

Evening everyone. 

I test drove a 2015 CT today with 56k miles and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. Leather seats, parking aids, cruise control, refurbed 17” alloys, sunroof and one owner from new  

Ive had a reasonably good look at the forums but would like some advice as to what to look out for. 

One concern I have is the Battery. I’m checking re the service history as there is some record but they are  confirming if it’s a Lexus one or not. Should I be worried / concerned if it’s not a Lexus service history? Is there are Battery problems are Battery replacements particularly expensive?

Any opinions / thought etc would be much appreciated. 

Any questions I should ask or look out for when viewing it / taking it for a second test drive?

BGC

5 minutes ago, BGC said:

Evening everyone. 

I test drove a 2015 CT today with 56k miles and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. Leather seats, parking aids, cruise control, refurbed 17” alloys, sunroof and one owner from new  

Ive had a reasonably good look at the forums but would like some advice as to what to look out for. 

One concern I have is the battery. I’m checking re the service history as there is some record but they are  confirming if it’s a Lexus one or not. Should I be worried / concerned if it’s not a Lexus service history? Is there are battery problems are battery replacements particularly expensive?

Any opinions / thought etc would be much appreciated. 

Any questions I should ask or look out for when viewing it / taking it for a second test drive?

BGC

Welcome Bryan.

Do try to buy from a Lexus Dealer if at all possible. They will have the Service History and provide a  significant warranty.

If that is not possible, then look for a vehicle with a full Lexus Service History and use the DVLA website to look for the annual MOT history.

Can you provide a link to the vehicle you are considering?.

Hybrid Battery replacement would be very expensive but also pretty rare. You definitely want to see service history from Lexus or Toyota (they have the tools and knowledge for servicing hybrids as well as the Prius is the same as the CT in most ways). At 56k miles it should have had at least 5 visits for servicing. Dealers also do a hybrid health check and that gives a report in the Battery and also adds a years warranty to the hybrid system.

Not much goes wrong with the CT. It often comes out top in reliability surveys. Have a look at the condition of the exhaust heat shield. Not too expensive to replace if needed but a bargaining point. They often rust at the mounting points and are not covered under the body corrosion warranty. 

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There are 37 CT200H vehicles on the official Lexus website, all at  £13.000 or less.

Will look again. Don’t think as new as this. 

Hmm if it’s the one I think it is then the previous owner took it for a mot with an illegal tyre and the tpms light warning them about it! I’d be looking very closely at the maintenance history on it. 

It’s a year older but there is a blue on at the dealer near that red one. I’d look at that at least to compare. Dealer will give a year warranty and although older it has a bit less miles on it. It’s listed for more but you might get them down a bit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

Hmm if it’s the one I think it is then the previous owner took it for a mot with an illegal tyre and the tpms light warning them about it! I’d be looking very closely at the maintenance history on it. 

It’s a year older but there is a blue on at the dealer near that red one. I’d look at that at least to compare. Dealer will give a year warranty and although older it has a bit less miles on it. It’s listed for more but you might get them down a bit. 

Sent you a note 

49 minutes ago, BGC said:

Off to Lexus Edinburgh to see what they can do for me. 

Good luck Bryan.

Hybrid Battery is now warranted for 15 years ,subject to annual Lexus servicing.

Consider taking out a  Service Plan--not expensive.

Keep us all posted please.

Unfortunately nothing in at present in my budget.

Service record at the original one is sparse but dealer confirming actual record with Lexus direct. Only has first two records present through Lexus at present. 

Have to say Lexus themselves were very helpful.  

• Like 1

I’ve now heard back from the dealer selling the car. As I mentioned it is a 2015 car with 56 thousand mileage and it has a 2016 2017 2018 service with Lexus and is due its 2019 service now. 

I also spoke to Lexus and despite not being completed every 10k they have said that a Battery check alone (£59) re validates the Battery on an annual basis and you are back on track. 

Any thoughts!

I bought mine from a Mitsubishi dealer. Had the service done at Lexus and it includes the Battery check. I had it for 3 years and changed it at 100k miles. It never missed a beat. I only changed it as the boot space sucked and I needed more room.

Cheers appreciate your info/advice. 

Bought the car. Think I got a good deal (at least I think I did - do you ever?)

They are getting the hybrid Battery checked through Lexus, two year Gold AA warranty with full recovery as part of warranty. Fully serviced before as well. Also alloys refurbed (gone for a Matt black as car is red and black and all paint work checked and protected.

Will get the big Lexus service next time - we won’t be doing many miles so ought to tie in. 

Thanks again to everyone. Really pleased. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BGC said:

Cheers appreciate your info/advice. 

Bought the car. Think I got a good deal (at least I think I did - do you ever?)

They are getting the hybrid battery checked through Lexus, two year Gold AA warranty with full recovery as part of warranty. Fully serviced before as well. Also alloys refurbed (gone for a Matt black as car is red and black and all paint work checked and protected.

Will get the big Lexus service next time - we won’t be doing many miles so ought to tie in. 

Thanks again to everyone. Really pleased. 

Thanks for the update Bryan.

They seem to be looking after you well,but do let us know if you have to claim on the warranty in the first six months of your ownership..

Enjoy and welcome to the wolrd of Lexus motoring.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening everyone. A few little niggles - not worth going into but being sorted which is the main thing.

So far so good. Loving the ride and the engine. 

Need a little more time to make get used to the Eco / Sport options and the media / DAB radio takes a little getting used to but  will just take some time but not a problem in the slightest. 

• Like 1

Nice looking car it looks great in red, you will get used to the different modes. I find myself challenging the wife to see who gets the most mpg (rock and roll in our house). Still not managed to fully fill the Battery

1 hour ago, medwen1 said:

Nice looking car it looks great in red, you will get used to the different modes. I find myself challenging the wife to see who gets the most mpg (rock and roll in our house). Still not managed to fully fill the battery

You sound as sad as me!

My challenge now is to try and keep using only the Battery. The queue behind me hate me.