Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all.

Brand new here and first post.

I'm looking for a RCF in red. Would like low-ish mileage with full dealer history. White is my second choice. Third is silver. Not worried about carbon. Anything coming up, let me know. BTW: I have a low mileage Jaguar F Type V8 R coupe in white which could be part of the deal if it doesn't sell privately.

Jonathan     

IMG_20190525_132022.jpg

• Like 3

Hello and welcome, good choice of colour. There is a very low mileage red one at Cheltenham Lexus not sure what your budget is. It's a late model with the Active suspension (a particular favourite of mine). Always worth checking out the used approved section of the Lexus web site

Yes. Seen that one. Bit more than I wanted to spend. Hoping to get for no more than £35,000. 

What the Active suspension like? Drove a 14 plate and thought its was a lovely smooth ride.

Jonathan 

1 hour ago, The Bodyman said:

Yes. Seen that one. Bit more than I wanted to spend. Hoping to get for no more than £35,000. 

What the Active suspension like? Drove a 14 plate and thought its was a lovely smooth ride.

Jonathan 

It's very much a subjective choice, my experience was trying an earlier model without, then test driving one with. Cars from 2017 onwards have AVS but it's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Basically having run the car for about 9 months I'm happy with my choice. If you drive any distance then setting the car in standard mode it is quite a bit softer/smoother. Then you can dial in Sport+ and you feel the car immediately tighten up suspension wise. I initially thought in Sport+ my car is more akin to the standard drive in the pre AVS cars from what I remember.

Having said that Tein do an active system for the previous ISF car which I understand transforms the car ( I have also used the Tein system in my hot Mini and it is night and day compared to the standard) so when this is available for the RCF it will probably be a better option than AVS as you can probably lower the car too.

There is a red one on Autotrader low mileage and it has the TVD.

Ok. Thanks for the info. 

What to you know about the carbon edition. Are the differences just the carbon panel and alcantara seats?   

The red on Autotrader. Is that the one near Bristol? If so, I drove that one. Very nice. Good price to. I left a deposit and my F type was to the px. Cant say any more here. If you would like to know more pm.

Jonathan     

Yes the red one I mentioned is near Bristol it has the TVD too, the carbon edition has bonnet, roof and rear spoiler in carbon plus the TVD as standard. No vented seats though unlike the standard car.

2 hours ago, The Bodyman said:

Monday is Collection day. Probably afternoon.

Only 3 more sleeps 🤣🤣

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

That colour is superb in the sunlight good choice.

• Like 1

Loving it. I miss the super charger that I had on the F type R but it has other qualities that the Jag didn't have. Such as: Its screwed together better. More comfortable. IMO better looks. Seat are fantastic. Love this colour. Sound system unbelievable. And this is only after a few days.

Commences from friends are they refer it to the Jag.  

Not had much time to play but I will.

Jonathan  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The Bodyman said:

Loving it. I miss the super charger that I had on the F type R but it has other qualities that the Jag didn't have. Such as: Its screwed together better. More comfortable. IMO better looks. Seat are fantastic. Love this colour. Sound system unbelievable. And this is only after a few days.

Commences from friends are they refer it to the Jag.  

Not had much time to play but I will.

Jonathan  

What happened to the red one! 🤔

As I mentioned. I can't say to much about the red RCF but I can tell you about a Jaguar F type I bought from a main dealer.

You probably won't believe it.

I bought a Jaguar F type R from a main Jag dealer in Nov 2017. I owned it for just over a week.

Late in 2017 I was proudly showing my new to me F type R to a friend of mine. He use to worked for the BBC Top Gear TV series. Almost straight away he recognise my F type by its registration. He told me that this was the F type that Richard Hammond drove at a race track in Italy when they were filming the Top Gear DVD The prefect Road Trip 2. My F type was driven at top speed around the Mugello Race Circuit by Richard Hammond. Towards the end of the race, Mr Hammond lost control of the F type and hit the safety wall damaging the front and side of the F type. The whole race and incident has been witness by millions of people all over the world. My crashed F type and its registration was on full view to see.

B4.thumb.jpg.a42d74dab72bca23d9dec16754dec5a8.jpg

B5.thumb.jpg.e0fb7ffd00fc4ba60e08b2dfb12ec6ca.jpg

B6.thumb.jpg.90b7ac0d691a0cbcf5ccf25998aa0d82.jpg

B7.thumb.jpg.1778ce2ce76861422bbcc28972aa231d.jpg

B12.thumb.jpg.78b8bc0073efcbb36a748efc907866ed.jpg

B13.thumb.jpg.3706d7eb796eb2730a482f9e87ca81a4.jpg

I found out my pride and joy had a heck of a past life. 

Next I found a clip on youtube. In this video. My F type is racing against a Nissan GTR. The production is for Autocar. My F type and registration number can be seen many times. It was driven twice in the clip at top speed against the Nissan GTR all to be seen by the youtube viewing public.

You can view this on youtube if you type in F type v Nissan GTR

B14.thumb.jpg.2ef3f76bbadbfd6a4cdb73879de077c6.jpg

More pictures. This time my F type is a pace/safety car at Donnington race park.

B18.thumb.jpg.9aad3f3af0084f42d5f83e25bfac6b54.jpg

Pictures were taken of it racing against a Porsche

B16.thumb.jpg.a382425da30fdcae22a2e89609ec91c0.jpg

and some as an advertising car for company called Lear.

B19.thumb.jpg.7e63db0ffd3d314e93ff10aa25071312.jpg

B20.jpg.d8b366d47f211614b52b1d9f96d19c04.jpg

How about a bit of drifting

B16.thumb.jpg.93c1f174f07b7e36890f35d12c4baa61.jpg

Could be used to advertise the brand

B21.thumb.jpg.0f328d4ee707645f3e970bd7a98abfbf.jpg

As you can imagine. I was absolutely horrified to see my recent purchase used and abused in this way. This is not the vehicle I through I was buying. It should not have been available to buy through the Jaguar main dealer network. 

Jag collected the vehicle the next day. I got all my money back and some. 

This story might give you a clue about the RCF 🤐