Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firmware details

Habu

Hello, for those of you that have your ES what firmware (Audio, Nav audio and navdb_version) are you running? 

My NX is currently on Audio: 1401, Nav: 1511, navdb: 2019v1.  Is the ES the same or do you have later numbers?

To get the details go to Menu > Setup > Vehicle > Software Update (I think that's correct)

Cheers

Habu

Hello, on mine it's as follows, the instructions are indeed correct (if you look at "software information" you get pages of open source licence screed ...)

Audio: 1000
Navigation: 1512
nav_db: 943

Further information shown is the model ID of the "DCU" (display control unit?) and MEU as follows

DCU 17LDLMEU-DB00
MEU 17LMLMEU-FB00

I wonder if any of these version numbers have a bearing on the potential availability (or otherwise) of the elusive CarPlay?

Mine was probably built around October 2018; it came off the boat in December 2018.

Thanks for your information. My navdb was 943 but I updated it myself to 2019v1.   It picked up lots of new roads in my area.  Strange my audio is 1401whilst yours is 1000.  It makes sense your navigation is a higher number however.

Yes i thought the audio version number strange, I wonder if it relates to the hardware, I believe the system in the ES is from Panasonic, is that the same in the NX?

Also do share more about the nav DB update; I assume this is a paid update though? I've always found it a bit strange that in a new car the nav DB is out of date; my previous Lexus and Toyota vehicles were similar with a DB already around 6 months old at delivery. I appreciate it takes time to process these but still ...

The nav updates are free for 3 years from new.  At least it is with the Premium Nav system. There are 2 updates per year (Spring and Autumn) hence I’m on 2019v1.  The next map update will be September or October and, presumably, will be 2019v2.

I assume your dealer could update the maps but it’s easier for you to do it.  You’ll need a flash drive of at least 16gb and very carefully follow the instructions.  There’s a thread somewhere on this website about how to update the maps.  It’s probably somewhere on the NX forum.

cheers

Habu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, Habu said:

Checked my ES software details today as follows:

Audio: 1010

Nav: 1520

navdb_version: A36_4 

I’ve really no idea what the navdb_version number is about.😕

I managed to get mine connected to WiFi today (Delivery Date: September 2019)

Audio: 1010

Nav: 1520

navb_version: 2019v1

Model ID: DCU 17LD2EU-DB02

Model ID: MEU 17LML2EU-FB00

• 3 weeks later...

I should know what I’m doing as I did it for the NX but I’m stumped this afternoon in the ES.  I’ve formatted the USB, downloaded the files and I’m now sat in the car with the USB but I can’t get a request code.  The one under Device ID isn’t the correct one.  Can anyone remember the process after inserting the USB into the car?  I thought the car would generate a Request code but it won’t.