Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre warning light

Hello folks, 

I noticed the tyre warning light was on when I drove my car this morning.  I only had to go a short distance and so decided to deal with it when I returned home.

The light was still on when I returned and a visual inspection showed nothing untoward and so I got the  pressure gauge out (good quality one) and checked each in turn and they were all fine.

Anything else i should be looking for?

Many thanks.

I may be wrong but I don't think it tells you about anything other than pressures so the only thing I can think of is, are the pressures all exactly the same? It may be detecting a slight imbalance and complaining that they aren't all equal, even though there's no drastic pressure loss?

Does it indicate a low Battery in one or more sensors maybe? I'm only guessing - anything in the book?

31 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hello folks, 

I noticed the tyre warning light was on when I drove my car this morning.  I only had to go a short distance and so decided to deal with it when I returned home.

The light was still on when I returned and a visual inspection showed nothing untoward and so I got the  pressure gauge out (good quality one) and checked each in turn and they were all fine.

Anything else i should be looking for?

Many thanks.

Check them all again when all tyres are cold.

• Like 1

Are the pressures in agreement with those shown on the driver's door pillar?

Tyre light will only come on if the tyre pressure(s) drop below the benchmark set in the system.

If you are 100% sure the pressures are correct (check when cold not driven for at least 2hrs) you can reset the warning by pressing the reset button in the lower dash panel (quite hard to see) Check your handbook for location and procedure. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I`d carry out a Risk Assessment first Geoff, if I were you!

Don't talk to me about Risk Assessments: I've doing these all day!

Had the same issue as Ed described. i reset the system as tyre pressure can be affected by changes in temperature. The following day, the warning came back and I discovered that one of the tyres had a slow puncture due to an imbedded nail. Unfortunately, it was too close to the side wall, and the tyre had to be replaced. Grrr.

• Like 1