Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner of 2007 SC430

2ddesign

Hi Just drove home my new purchase of a 2007 SC430 the colour is Twilight Amethyst Pearl with Ecru cream leather.

Only a slight wind noise near the drivers side mirror area with the top down?

418011148_SC43007.thumb.jpeg.ea14171ce694862a43e63cfd8da68694.jpeg

Any one had this and is it the rubber side strips between roof and doors?

jack

• Like 2

Hi, Congrats on acquiring the new wheels, it looks a really good one.

It can be the door seals but a little wind noise from the mirror is common if not 'normal' depending on how quiet the rest of the car is. Sometimes excessive wind noise can be caused by an ill fitting door seal at the top of the 'A' pillar. The other thing to check is that the door mirror is properly seated and secure. If you are able to, on a nice quiet straight road, try with your hand or a small piece of cloth to cover up areas around the tweeter cover and up along the window line to see if you can identify where the wind noise enters the cabin.

There are a few short threads on clublexus that discuss the annoying driver side wind noise. Worth a read.

• Like 1

Hi Just got back from a trip away ,not in the SC430 though. I have had a go at setting the wing mirrors and as you select reverse in the car, the mirror tends to jump a bit on the cogs as it drops and does not return to normal position after drive is selected. I have spent some time checking youtube videos and setting the middle position of the left/right wing mirror adjuster, this is supposed to turn off the dropping in reverse. Tried it but still getting a jumping on the passenger side mirror as reverse is selected, the adjuster inside the car seems a little loose on the front drivers panel perhaps this might be the problem. The previous owner says it was all right when it left his place, but I only drove it home to my house 40minutes??

Could WD40 sprayed behind the mirror make it smoother?

jack

Cant help you with your mirror but i did cure my wind noise.

Mine was caused by a trim clip missing from the outer windscreen pillar trim. I replaced the clip and the trim fitted snugly against the screen. No more noise. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 2:59 PM, 2ddesign said:

Hi Just got back from a trip away ,not in the SC430 though. I have had a go at setting the wing mirrors and as you select reverse in the car, the mirror tends to jump a bit on the cogs as it drops and does not return to normal position after drive is selected. I have spent some time checking youtube videos and setting the middle position of the left/right wing mirror adjuster, this is supposed to turn off the dropping in reverse. Tried it but still getting a jumping on the passenger side mirror as reverse is selected, the adjuster inside the car seems a little loose on the front drivers panel perhaps this might be the problem. The previous owner says it was all right when it left his place, but I only drove it home to my house 40minutes??

Could WD40 sprayed behind the mirror make it smoother?

Jack

I have a feeling it’s a problem with the mirror motor itself / memory module. It’s a common problem on early 2IS models (2005-2007). Moving the mirror electrically or manually  in all extremes used to temporarily fix it but ultimately new parts are require to fix this issue if it is the same problem. 

• Like 1