Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, its been a while since I been on here (probably about 10 oooerrrr!) as the '90 Celsior I had sadly got scrapped, fast forward a fair few years and I decided I wanted another LS so I bought a '99 400 that was on coilovers and had some loud exhaust..... had a couple of months and decided to have cambelt done as the 'full service history' wasn't available, well soon after one of the VVTi pulleys decided it didn't was the belt and snapped it.  Bought another for spares but found it to be tidier that the one with broken belt so swapped all coilovers etc over.  I love it but as I go from Dumfries to Surrey I wanted something a bit comfier so I now also have a 2002 LS430..... Love it but (you've guessed it) theres a couple of niggles Id like to sort... One is that the headlamp washers do not work and the other is that the sat nav is about 10 miles out and where it says GPS there is a red cross through it.... Rather than start tearing into it, I thought Id ask here first if anyone had the same issues and knew of a solution?

Cheers

• Like 1

Someone posted a thread couple of weeks ago regarding the satnav and it turned out to be a simple fix .took out the satnav disc in the boot and reinserted it and problem was solved.

The motor needs checking on the washers get someone to operate them whilst you listen at the front of the car if the there is no sound it is probably the motor circuit check the fuses before you start delving in the washer bottle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting hearing about the VVTi timing gear breaking the timing belt on the LS400. I note that both sets of VVTi timing gear have stickers on them referencing replacement at 100k kilometres (on my import Celsior.) I've replaced the VVTi timing gear on my Soarer at 100k kilometres as per the factory manual. Might think about it for the Celsior.