Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Floor mats for 3RX - did their shape change with the 2012 Facelift?

I'm searching for some beige rubber mats for my 2010 RX. The official eBay shop has PZ49LK035DRJ in stock, which are for the 2012-2015 Facelift model. They say these mats won't fit my car, and that I need PZ49LK0359RJ, which is out of stock.

My question is, do owners know better? Did the shape of the mats really change between the pre and post-Facelift models? It occurred to me that the difference in part number may only reflect stylistic changes.

I don't have experience of owning both variants, just a 2012-on facelift model.

However, I purchased some pre-facelift mats and shape-wise they fitted fine so I imagine the same would be true for the other way round.

The only issue I had was the clip design seemed to have changed and I have to live with them being loose (not a problem as they're grippy on the bottom).

17 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I don't have experience of owning both variants, just a 2012-on facelift model.

However, I purchased some pre-facelift mats and shape-wise they fitted fine so I imagine the same would be true for the other way round.

The only issue I had was the clip design seemed to have changed and I have to live with them being loose (not a problem as they're grippy on the bottom).

Thank you Nigel.

Order placed.

Shape didn't change but the clips did. 

Wouldn't advise driving with loose mats, Lexus recalled these vehicles for unintended acceleration simply because of mats getting stuck between the accelerator pedal. Also likely to be a big insurance issue.

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Shape didn't change but the clips did. 

Wouldn't advise driving with loose mats, Lexus recalled these vehicles for unintended acceleration simply because of mats getting stuck between the accelerator pedal. Also likely to be a big insurance issue.

I've read about this case, and I'm not the only one to be sceptical of the "death by carpet" hypothesis. Toyota's throttle-control firmware was found to be poorly architected and vulnerable to "bit flip"-induced errors.

23 minutes ago, Teshoo Lama said:

I've read about this case, and I'm not the only one to be sceptical of the "death by carpet" hypothesis. Toyota's throttle-control firmware was found to be poorly architected and vulnerable to "bit flip"-induced errors.

Either way, insurance companies are also well aware of it. Wouldn't risk it for the sake of a carpet 

The mats arrived and they fit perfectly. Firstly, it's clear that these rubber mats fit very snugly and aren't going to move around at all. The non-slip design on the base reinforces this.

What's more, I found that the carpet mats in my car are also facelift versions, but they've been fitted using trim clip adaptors of some kind. Rather than a single plastic pin, they're more like a plastic arm, with hooks on either end. So for added safety, my mats are actually clipped in.

• Like 1

If you're a bit obsessive about maintaining a clean car, these beige mats are unforgiving. Considerably more so than their carpet equivalents. Lexus have done a good job of making such a pragmatic accessory look stylish, but boy do they highlight every speck of dirt and debris. I half wish I'd got the black ones! 🙂

On 8/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, Teshoo Lama said:

If you're a bit obsessive about maintaining a clean car, these beige mats are unforgiving. Considerably more so than their carpet equivalents. Lexus have done a good job of making such a pragmatic accessory look stylish, but boy do they highlight every speck of dirt and debris. I half wish I'd got the black ones! 🙂

Really surprised you don't like the beige mats. My car leads a hard life doing 3 to 600 miles a week and they still look great after almost 30000 miles of use. I often don't bother vacuuming them, just take them out, shake them off and wipe over with a microfibre and Meguirs APC. 

I think they look much nicer than the black which always seem to look dusty when worn. 

3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Really surprised you don't like the beige mats. My car leads a hard life doing 3 to 600 miles a week and they still look great after almost 30000 miles of use. I often don't bother vacuuming them, just take them out, shake them off and wipe over with a microfibre and Meguirs APC. 

I think they look much nicer than the black which always seem to look dusty when worn. 

Oh, I like them. I think they look fantastic. 

I was more commenting on how a light coloured rubber mat tends to highlight dirt more easily. Obviously the whole point of them is to have a cleanable surface, so it's not a complaint.

• Like 1

I usually just get new ones once a month and when the car gets dirty.I just drop it off at the body shop for a respray on the way to the golf course .cant be done with all that peasant cleaning stuff 🤡

• Haha 2