Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

For the 1st time in 8 years I find myself without an LS in some shape and form so was back thinking about what the next car would be. Have been reading a lot about the Toyota Century which is occasionally available as an import in the UK. There are 2 available on eBay at the moment. Would have thought its the sort of car that LS fans would immediately take a shine to. Was wondering if anyone has any experience of sitting, driving or owning one and if they had any information to share. I suppose Toyota would be happy to service the car and there would be the obvious issue of importing parts. 

would be good to hear from anyone with any info

7 minutes ago, abdallian said:

obvious issue of importing parts.

I regularly import my parts for my Ls400 from Amayama in Japan ..............  easy peasy and about 50% of the prices charged by Lexus UK even with Carriage, Duty and VAT etc

Malc

13 minutes ago, abdallian said:

Hi

For the 1st time in 8 years I find myself without an LS in some shape and form so was back thinking about what the next car would be. Have been reading a lot about the Toyota Century which is occasionally available as an import in the UK. There are 2 available on ebay at the moment. Would have thought its the sort of car that LS fans would immediately take a shine to. Was wondering if anyone has any experience of sitting, driving or owning one and if they had any information to share. I suppose Toyota would be happy to service the car and there would be the obvious issue of importing parts. 

would be good to hear from anyone with any info

I have also sold the last of my 3 LS400 cars. Miss it already. Bought a GS430 Sport but just doesnt do it for me. Dont suppose you fancy buying this from me do you?

My only experience of a Century was last year when I went to London with another forum member to look at a Celsior (which he bought) and the owner had a beautiful Century.  It was mint, and large and way over the top with gadgets which was marvelous.  The V12 engine was a tad scary though!  I believe his was a 90's model.  My concern would be the vast amount of electronics, and of course the fuel consumption!

• Like 1

Having seen a Century now and again during my travels back in the late 90's and Early 2000's, not a car that appeals to me at all. 

My first trip in an LS was a mates Mk1 in 1993, and immediately liked the style and comfort.

Not been in a Century, but the one I did get a good look at made me think it was a bit like being in my Grans back room in the 60's.  The body styling (to me) seemed to be somewhere between Detroit Dustbin (I've drvien a fair few of them) and Ford Scorpio.

The V12 seems quite low powered, and for pulling such a lot of metal about, the performance (surely) would be nothing like an LS with your foot down.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I've had my 1998 century for about 3yrs now. Had it fully serviced by Toyota (they loved working on it) have only had to change the starter motor. Once you've driven one, there's no going back.

It puts a smile on everyone's face. Buy one! Enjoy! They are works of art that need preserving.

Thinking of selling mine in the summer to get a newer one.

• Like 3