Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Orange GSF Isle of Wight

As title spotted yesterday didn't have chance to take pics but looked mouth wateringly good anyone on here?, first one I've seen in the flesh and I now need one in my life, wasn't sure on the orange in pictures I'd seen previously but I could definitely get used to it now!

• Like 1

I think there are only two in the U.K  one 65 plates and a 16 plate IIRC. I was very tempted by these back in 2017 when they were for sale at a good price. I think one of the owners was on the Piston Heads forum but I’ve never seen photos of the cars pop up on here. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I was originally looking at an Orange one in Hatfield (below), in the flesh it is an absolutely stunning colour! Couldn't get the numbers to work at the time so missed out. White was 2nd choice.. 🙂

20638287_1354504174599341_7603533018915817837_n.jpg

I stand corrected. One was a 66 plate then, or maybe there are 3?

2 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Must say I struggle to like the orange but am persuaded to defer final judgment until I see it in real life. If noticeable counts as stunning its certainly that. 

I thought exactly the same untill I saw it approaching me as soon as it'd blasted off out of my view I was converted, more road presence than a Ferrari in that colour in my opinion at least. 

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I was originally looking at an Orange one in Hatfield (below), in the flesh it is an absolutely stunning colour! Couldn't get the numbers to work at the time so missed out. White was 2nd choice.. 🙂

20638287_1354504174599341_7603533018915817837_n.jpgi

I'll bet it still looks stunning in white, I wasn't a massive fan of these at first which I suppose proves to me that sometimes pictures and videos don't do certain cars any justice but all I've been thinking about now is selling up and finding one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern isf said:

I'll bet it still looks stunning in white, I wasn't a massive fan of these at first which I suppose proves to me that sometimes pictures and videos don't do certain cars any justice but all I've been thinking about now is selling up and finding one. 

Yessss, come to the dark side 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, F.A. said:

I stand corrected. One was a 66 plate then, or maybe there are 3?

I think there are 2 officially listed as sold so maybe misremembering the plates? I made contact with one guy by chance on FB who owns an Orange one but he had it wrapped to copy the anniversary edition colour scheme, actually looks quite nice. 

One of the orange ones was owned by a copper called Andrew, I know he sold it this year but did try the private route and wanted £35k with 15k mileage on it, orange would be my preference on the GSF, there is something about that colour “for me” 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Womble72 said:

One of the orange ones was owned by a copper called Andrew, I know he sold it this year but did try the private route and wanted £35k with 15k mileage on it, orange would be my preference on the GSF, there is something about that colour “for me” 👍🏻

I doubt they'll be many selling for that price now I reckon there going to go up in value a touch, probably take a good while to sell though as the F division just isn't followed as closely as other marques but definitely got the rare factor especially the orange ones only 2 in uk wow! 

• 3 weeks later...

That’ll be me 😎

Just looking out on the drive... it’s the Hatfield one so may well be only two in the country. I am on PH same user name....

love the car and come from  a c63 as I didn’t like Benzes going turbo charged. Love the car and the colour is stunning especially on a sunny day when it sparkles. Sound is great especially I’ve 5 k revs when it gets an almost NASCAR like whine to it...

services and garages are less helpful and more expensive then all I had with other brands so I find this overhyped, parts are more expensive and rarer to come by than  Mercedes parts also. After sales definitely has not won me over but love this car and it s built better than all Mercedes after W124

at the moment after new tyres and wondering if I should go for contis as I love them or stick with michelins

greetings from South Island 👋

image.jpg

The GSF is a funny one, in pics I find it always looks a bit awkward, however one parked opposite me at Caffeine and Machine last weekend and I was totally converted, they are stunning in the flesh!

• Like 1

The amg is an entirely different beast and on island roads probably faster point to point

behaves more rowdy / immature in a positive way ( the sports exhaust (- my wife calls it that man button🤣-it burps, pops and farts like crazy)

however no v 8 sound, lesser seats and leather

on a (desrrstriceted) motorway it would be left for dead once v8 comes on cam and if you close the door on the Lexus it sounds like a bank vault the Benz door sounds crappy

Benz is more economic but Burmeister looses to Mark levinson Sound System but better sat nav and phone integration despite older style command on this pre fl car

roof comes off interior nicer looking

both great cars in their own right

mb after sales is amazing Lexus only claims to be

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twellsie said:

The GSF is a funny one, in pics I find it always looks a bit awkward, however one parked opposite me at Caffeine and Machine last weekend and I was totally converted, they are stunning in the flesh!

Road presence is deffo there in pics it depends on the colour they can look narrow and high but if you look up close.... the colours materials great...

in white and silver can be dull ( but think of a resale silver Benz)

On 8/31/2019 at 3:13 PM, Cramorra said:

That’ll be me 😎

Just looking out on the drive... it’s the Hatfield one so may well be only two in the country. I am on PH same user name....

love the car and come from  a c63 as I didn’t like Benzes going turbo charged. Love the car and the colour is stunning especially on a sunny day when it sparkles. Sound is great especially I’ve 5 k revs when it gets an almost NASCAR like whine to it...

services and garages are less helpful and more expensive then all I had with other brands so I find this overhyped, parts are more expensive and rarer to come by than  Mercedes parts also. After sales definitely has not won me over but love this car and it s built better than all Mercedes after W124

at the moment after new tyres and wondering if I should go for contis as I love them or stick with michelins

greetings from South Island 👋

image.jpgha 

Nice to meet you, superb car you've got only a touch jealous honest! Some really great roads to drive over there that was one of the main highlights of the trip that and seeing your car of course.

7 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Nice to meet you, superb car you've got only a touch jealous honest! Some really great roads to drive over there that was one of the main highlights of the trip that and seeing your car of course.

Nice to meet you too and always a nice drive in the summer on the island let me know if you ever come down south again happy to recommend some places to eat and drink that are not overflowing with guests

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:13 PM, Cramorra said:

Always preferred Michelin, I went for PS4 and not PS4S as I felt no need to go all super duper for something I will only road drive. Have to say the change from the OEM tyre was noticeable. 

On 9/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, Cramorra said:

Nice to meet you too and always a nice drive in the summer on the island let me know if you ever come down south again happy to recommend some places to eat and drink that are not overflowing with guests

I'll definitely take you up on that next time I'm down the only really good meal I had was one I cooked myself with fresh bought meat. Got fed up of reading about triple cooked chips in places when they clearly were frozen,I do tend to travel and base a big part of my breaks around food so that part was disappointing but scenery and roads were awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, hockeyedwards said:

Always preferred Michelin, I went for PS4 and not PS4S as I felt no need to go all super duper for something I will only road drive. Have to say the change from the OEM tyre was noticeable. 

In a good or a bad way?

how much was the price difference? Funnily I always preferred contis but am aware that they changed profiles entirely for sports contact 6/7 so cannot comment how they drive as the c43 came with Bridgestones funnily ( they ll go)

On 9/20/2019 at 2:13 AM, Cramorra said:

In a good or a bad way?

how much was the price difference? Funnily I always preferred contis but am aware that they changed profiles entirely for sports contact 6/7 so cannot comment how they drive as the c43 came with Bridgestones funnily ( they ll go)

PS4 are a much better tyre than OEM, I can't remember price unfortunately and too lazy to go back and find out, but if you make a tyre last many miles, the cost is never an issue as I want good rubber underneath me! I used Camskill online and got them delivered, cracking service from them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links