Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all:clapping:

As the car is still under the Lexus warranty it needed a MOT so the dealer had the task.

It passed it’s test but mentioned the rear brake calliper was sticking but was ok when the brake test was performed.

This thankfully has been cleared as a warranty job so will be done at service in September.:thumbup:

They did a vehicle healthy check also and advised that the front tyres inner edge were wearing so a 4 wheel alignment would be a good idea but at £144.00 not keen on this.:schmoll:

Have seen the 4 wheel alignment at ATS euromaster for about £60.00 any one used them for this service or should i stick to dealer and have to swallow the cost.:tongue_ss:

65mike.

Protyre aligned our RX last week and it was spot on. They charged £60 for a 4 wheel alignment. I asked Lexus Bristol to carry out the alignment initially but they informed me that they do not have the equipment  to carry out the procedure, which I was very surprised about. They kindly pointed me in the direction of Protyre. 

I had my IS250 aligned multiple times over the 90k I covered in it. I was never able to stop both the outer edges wearing on the front tyres. The dealer seem to think that was normal for an IS. Interestingly our RX seems to be the same. I check the pressures religiously every week so I know they are correct. I am hoping this doesn’t happen on the GSF. 

If the four wheel geometry / alignment is done properly it should stop it, haven't had it with  my 250 f sport and had it once with my IS 200 sport which stopped once it was done 

Hi I agree full 4 wheel alignment will sort the tyre wear and £144 is too expensive .I suggest you go to align my car.co.uk web site put in your post code and you should find a professional outfit who will do a good job.I have used garages on this set up over the years but not in your area

Dave

14 hours ago, 65mike said:

ATS euromaster for about £60.00

This is the usual price I would think, I have mine done at Protyre / Treadmark after a heavy wack down a pothole whatever

Get the colourful pre-check done showing the mis-alignments and decide if you want both the front and back done, you don't often need to have both ( the rears ) , it's £30 for each end ( incl vat )

your bill will come down from £144 :no2:.......  to a more sensible £30 / £60 :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

Check whether your local TOYOTA garage has a Hunter 4-wheel alignment machine. Mine does, and they charge £39 for a check.

My experience with Toyota dealers and wheel alignment check is that it is only a check. Adjustment was £50 extra on top of the £39. This is typical pricing on there servicing as well. When an item is marked check on the service sheet any adjustment or replacement required of parts is extra for parts perhaps understandable , but extra labor is charged as well over, and above the service charge.

John.

2 hours ago, J Henderson said:

and they charge £39 for a check.

with Protyres and Treadmark if there is no adjustment needed, or done, then there seems to be a zero fee

Malc

22 hours ago, 65mike said:

As the car is still under the Lexus warranty it needed a MOT so the dealer had the task.

It passed it’s test but mentioned the rear brake calliper was sticking but was ok when the brake test was performed.

This thankfully has been cleared as a warranty job so will be done at service in September.:thumbup:

They did a vehicle healthy check also and advised that the front tyres inner edge were wearing so a 4 wheel alignment would be a good idea but at £144.00 not keen on this.:schmoll:

Have seen the 4 wheel alignment at ATS euromaster for about £60.00 any one used them for this service or should i stick to dealer and have to swallow the cost.:tongue_ss:

65mike.

Mike, I have used ATS, only because its my only real option around here - nothing else is local. I used them to align all 4 wheels when i went from 17's to 18's as i noticed a bit of wear on the inner edges on the fronts - that was a year ago and to date have had no issue. I am pretty sure it was around £30 and they did have to adjust them.

Hi all.:driving:

Thanks for the info.😀

After you helpful people mentioning pro tyres they have a branch in Welwyn Garden City and after looking again it seems like i have used them before to get a Uniroyal tyre replaced.😀

Long story and you don't want to here this.:sleepy:

Anyway will contact them as soon as cash allows and time is available to get this checked.:smile:

One thing i have noticed is the price of tyres seems to have come down in price which is a good thing well front's anyway.:thumbsup::surprise:

65mike.:driving:

On 8/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, 65mike said:

65mike.

Go to Japex in Kings Langley - near to you?