Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Sway Bars Lexus is 250 3rd gen

I have been looking for suspension set ups and have not been able to find any SWAY BARS. Does anyone know where I can find a SWAY BAR  for a 2014 is250 base model ? 

Plenty of options for 1st and 2nd-gen IS over the years, but hardly any for 3rd-gen. Apparently, to swap the rear bar on an XE30 it's a huge undertaking, with the entire subframe having to be dropped/removed for access. That would explain the lack of support from the aftermarket world. A company called Hardrace do make them though.

Front ARB

Rear ARB

• Thanks 1

Sway bars (used to be called "anti-roll bars") go some way towards reducing the independence of independent suspension and so any beefing up of them comes with disadvantages. OK for track use maybe.

8 hours ago, reeac said:

Sway bars (used to be called "anti-roll bars") go some way towards reducing the independence of independent suspension and so any beefing up of them comes with disadvantages. OK for track use maybe.

Roger, they are still called anti roll bars, but then again I’m an old fart from the last century.🤭🤭

On 8/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, J Henderson said:

Plenty of options for 1st and 2nd-gen IS over the years, but hardly any for 3rd-gen. Apparently, to swap the rear bar on an XE30 it's a huge undertaking, with the entire subframe having to be dropped/removed for access. That would explain the lack of support from the aftermarket world. A company called Hardrace do make them though.

Front ARB

Rear ARB

Thx mate