Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know any history on this Red IS-F YT12MJY

Not sure how to insert links, but if you look back on this forum to May you will see a thread entitled ISF reappears for sale.it has been on sale for a year and possibly longer. Good luck in your search for an ISF.

Judging by various reports on this forum and from those more local who have viewed and driven it, unfortunately it is not in great condition. If its been kicking around for as long in the trade for as long as it has (almost 2 years now) then there is probably very good reason for that being the case. 

If it's just paint then that is not a huge concern but if that was the case then it should have been snapped up by now. 

• Like 1

+1, doesn’t bode well when a fairly sought after car is seen to be ‘hanging’ around and advertised numerous times by different sellers, and like you say, if it was minor defects then someone perhaps may have bit the bullet and taken it on regardless. 

Paul m

• Like 1

I take that the 13 plate blue one is in good order as well? Just overpriced, though it has dropped from 32k to 28k in a space of 14 weeks.

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

I take that the 13 plate blue one is in good order as well? Just overpriced, though it has dropped from 32k to 28k in a space of 14 weeks.

The dealer looks to have good reviews.  It does look like a lovely example and now at a good price. 

Thanks everyone... much appreciated... I’ll still test drive it but give it a really good looking over... Red is the colour I’m most after... though white is close second... & after DRL’s plus 2012> give better warranty length !!  👍

21 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Hi @Crimson Red I had a test drive in this some while ago and chose not to buy it. It's been moved around the trade a number of times since but PM me if you want and I will share with you what I found. 

I PM’d you but not sure if it’s gone through... but yes... please give me any knowledge you have... Thanks !!  👍

8 hours ago, Crimson Red said:

I PM’d you but not sure if it’s gone through... but yes... please give me any knowledge you have... Thanks !!  👍

PM'd you with what I remember.  To be fair the car drove very well and with a quality respray of the bottom half and a decent wheel refurb I think it would be a good deal for someone. After all how many cars have has a corner or a panel painted and a new buyer doesn't know so why not buy knowing its all been pained?  But it has to be a bargain or you might as well buy one that didn't need the work in the first place.  Pays your money takes your choice.

As for warranty, Lexus told me they would offer an extended warranty on this car given they knew the service history ( subject to inspection).

On 8/18/2019 at 1:25 PM, Crimson Red said:

Thanks everyone... much appreciated... I’ll still test drive it but give it a really good looking over... Red is the colour I’m most after... though white is close second... & after DRL’s plus 2012> give better warranty length !!  👍

Did you go and test drive it ? 

How bad was the paint?

It’s odd that a car of that rarity is taking so long to sell, Mesa red being a very rare colour too as it was my first choice.

you would think that at that price it would have been snapped up by now 

Hi... been a bit busy house viewing & buying (Leighton Buzzard)... lol... it’s the perfect colour/year & wheel set up for me... if it’s still around in a couple of weeks then I’ll be popping up there... I got a GS450H (2012)... so just need to see if I want to px or sell/buy.

586B2E01-1D3E-4AA2-A925-649A52914645.jpeg

BBFF4BBC-7B44-4C75-AC01-438CF3A2A4F0.jpeg

On 8/18/2019 at 12:56 PM, F.A. said:

The dealer looks to have good reviews.  It does look like a lovely example and now at a good price. 

This is my old car and although the dealer wanted silly money initially, the car is as good as it gets. Fully serviced by the same dealer since new and I spent quite a bit of time and money making it perfect (I'm my eyes anyway). 

26 minutes ago, Crimson Red said:

Ahhhhhh... done extra 20k since... hopefully it’s still sorted 👍

I think you are referring to the red one and @PhoeNicks is referring to the blue on that is currently advertised for £28k with 24k miles on it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

17 red in total  UK cars. - Only 2 in 2012, so indeed the rarest colour for an ISF. 

Do u know how many are still on the uk roads today? I know the rat was making a list of all ISF but not sure if he completed it, how do you find out this sort of information?

Paul

• Like 1