Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My vxr8 got written of thinking of isf again!

I had a lovely VXr8, picked it up from its mot and some guy busy txting didn’t see me stopped waiting to turn right on a national speed limit and  drove straight into the back of me destroying my car. 

Im now looking at the Isf again and iv seen that converting it to a 3 seat is sort of possible as i need to carry a baby seat and occasional inlaws for day trips ect. It would be nice if i could fit the child seat in the middle if possible. If anyone can give me any info or advice on this subject please do! As long as its safe i dont mind how sqaushed it is as it wont be me in the back! 

I think I know what the answer is going to be - dont bother but iv got to ask. Cheers P

Yes it’s possible and yes it’s been done. I’ve a friend with a GSF and his wife has his old ISF, he changed the rear seat with the standard IS back seat, he said all anchors are there for centre rear seatbelt. I don’t think he changed the rear back though, but he definitely installed the base pad and centre belt....if that helps

Paul

I’ve heard you need to inform DVLA as the car changes from a 4 seat to 5 seat. No idea how true it is, but it makes sense, other wise insurance and the car wouldn’t tie up.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, Dieselpete said:

Im now looking at the Isf again and iv seen that converting it to a 3 seat is sort of possible as i need to carry a baby seat and occasional inlaws for day trips ect. It would be nice if i could fit the child seat in the middle if possible. 

Assuming you are using a child seat with ISOFIX then you may want to check and see if the anchor points are there in the middle position, particularly if the car was only designed for two positions originally. 

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

Assuming you are using a child seat with ISOFIX then you may want to check and see if the anchor points are there in the middle position, particularly if the car was only designed for two positions originally. 

The IS250 only had ISOFIX anchor points on the outer two rear seats, which seems to be the case with majority of cars on sale (People Carriers aside) so I doubt that the ISF will have ISOFIX points in the middle. I seem to remember that the IS250 had a top tether for the middle seat on the rear shelf but I may be mistaken. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links