Hi there  my gs300sel 2007 model has the sulphur smell coming from one of the cats under hard accelleration any ideas how to stop this smell coming into the cabin area, cheers Ken.

If the smell is coming into the cabin it suggests a leak in the exhaust system.

John.

Hi there John have you had this problem in your GS450 as i have had two GS300 both 2007 models with the same problem.

15 hours ago, Ken collingwood said:

Hi there John have you had this problem in your GS450 as i have had two GS300 both 2007 models with the same problem.

Yes. When the "Y" piece started to crack due to metal fatigue, and the rear silencers rusted through on the top where it cannot be seen I got exhaust fumes in the car. This disappeared when I made and fitted a new rear section exhaust. From what I understand the pipework to the rear of the centre resonator box is also prone to rust, and leakage of exhaust gasses as are the engine to exhaust flanges at the front of the system. 
It is difficult to be more precise, but 12 years seems to be the life span of the exhaust. Although made of stainless steel it is low grade stainless, and does rust.

John.

Ken and John. What mileages have your cars done? Mine's a 2007 with 72K miles.