Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner

Evening all.

Sold my white ISF last year to a fellow forum member and regretted it fairly quickly - although it looks like I dodged a bullet with regards to an issue with the rear brake pipes (sorry Glen!)

After viewing a few cars I've put a deposit down on a gorgeous blue RCF with 20k mileage - pick up is in 2 weeks and already excited!

Need to get my backside in gear and sell my TVR to fund the RCF so very much hoping I'm making the right decision.....

I switched from a 2011 ISF to an RCF. Very different driving experience, bigger car/bonnet etc. But the more I drive it the more epic it is.Totally at home tootling around but press on and it's epic.

Evening all.
Sold my white ISF last year to a fellow forum member and regretted it fairly quickly - although it looks like I dodged a bullet with regards to an issue with the rear brake pipes (sorry Glen!)
After viewing a few cars I've put a deposit down on a gorgeous blue RCF with 20k mileage - pick up is in 2 weeks and already excited!
Need to get my backside in gear and sell my TVR to fund the RCF so very much hoping I'm making the right decision.....

And what TVR will that be [emoji1786]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you will love it.

I too have just collected (Monday) my new to me RCF😊. A real shouty colour 😎. Love it. So much more comfortable than my out going F type R. Miss the super charger side of things but I've done that one now.

We have another connection. I once owned a TVR bodyshop and repaired TVR's right up until their end. Which one do you have?

Jonathan      

Welcome back into the fold Dave, glad you're back into F ownership and glad you miss what's now my ISF.  No hard feelings about the brake pipes as its all part of the fun of buying a near 10 year old car, how would either of us know. Still an excellent car in excellent condition as far as I'm concerned and a privilege to own.  I had the wheels refurbed and painted Bronze with some OEM speck Black wheel nuts from the USA. Pleased with them but might go back to stock next year.

WP_20190603_14_32_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.a0b0ae0f34a4578cf28661a40bea11f9.jpgWP_20190714_19_37_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.821e6e2223a9c44395315384bbd1c281.jpg

An RCF in USB then, what colour interior? USB with Grey Leather would be on my list in the future. But you will be sad to see the TVR go.  Time moves on and only time for so many toys. Lets see some photo's of the RCF when you have them.

13 hours ago, gb1600e said:

OEM speck Black wheel nuts from the USA.

Nice nuts 😛 where did you order from? Currently rocking cheap black slip on caps to decide if i want to swap out for black permanently or not...

Thanks all.

TVR is old skool - one of the last wedges - a 400SE from 1991 which had a full body off restoration around 10 years ago - I will pop a picture on here when I've taken some - it's an event to drive it (a friend says you feel the exhaust note in your chest if you're following it) but I just don't have the time with 3 kids, a dog and a busy work/home life

RCF pick up is next Sunday - F sport blue with black leather (we have white leather in our RX and I'm not sold on it) - also tried a white carbon but not a fan of the two tone/badger looks and the carbon body panels seem to be a magnet for stone chips etc 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, The Bodyman said:

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you will love it.

I too have just collected (Monday) my new to me RCF😊. A real shouty colour 😎. Love it. So much more comfortable than my out going F type R. Miss the super charger side of things but I've done that one now.

We have another connection. I once owned a TVR bodyshop and repaired TVR's right up until their end. Which one do you have?

Jonathan      

Must admit I do have a soft spot for the "look at me" Lambo colours like that orange (must be in the genes as my Mum at one time had a bright yellow old skool Mini Clubman and a weird light green Porsche Boxster) but I couldn't get orange past SWMBO (yet)

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Nice nuts 😛 where did you order from? Currently rocking cheap black slip on caps to decide if i want to swap out for black permanently or not...

It took quite a search on eBay but here they are from BW Auto Parts California.  Price + tax + shipping was about £35. Cheaper than a new chrome set from Lexus.

20PCs TOYOTA-LEXUS OEM BLACK MAG LUG NUTS WITH WASHER 12X1.5MM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20PCs-TOYOTA-LEXUS-OEM-BLACK-MAG-LUG-NUTS-WITH-WASHER-12X1-5MM/252818665672?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

It took quite a search on ebay but here they are from BW Auto Parts California.  Price + tax + shipping was about £35. Cheaper than a new chrome set from Lexus.

20PCs TOYOTA-LEXUS OEM BLACK MAG LUG NUTS WITH WASHER 12X1.5MM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20PCs-TOYOTA-LEXUS-OEM-BLACK-MAG-LUG-NUTS-WITH-WASHER-12X1-5MM/252818665672?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think the chap at Prestige Wheels where I bought my Vossen wheels supplied some black nuts for mine, they were not the ridiculously expensive Vossen nuts but a very high quality alternative. Give Delroy a call at Presige Wheels 0121 377 8866

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links