Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1998 keyfob back cover

Good afternoon.

My spare key fob back cover is broken around the screw... I have seen online that you can buy just the back cover genuine but i am not sure about part numbers.

I found this on eBay UK.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362722816828

Not sure if its right one....can anyone advise me with part numbers?

Thanks

Poor practise of the eBay seller to cover part of the part number.

You might be better of replacing the whole plastic fob surround. Available on eBay cheaply enough, and some with the nice Lexus logo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Poor practise of the eBay seller to cover part of the part number.

You might be better of replacing the whole plastic fob surround. Available on eBay cheaply enough, and some with the nice Lexus logo.

Do you know the correct part number?

15 hours ago, Greer said:

Try calling your main Lexus dealer they might give it to you

Contacted lexus direct who said that they no longer supply blank keys due to theft and fraud???? You can buy aftermarket ones for few quid online!

9 minutes ago, Greer said:

Sorry i might not have explained things the way i should.

All i need is the casing, my key back cover that has the screw is broken and where the key blade is attached to the plastic is cracked....they still works fine and is my spare key.

I dont mind buying a whole new casing with blank blade ,I will transfer the electronic fob bit into the new casing and  get a locksmith to cut the blade. that will give me a new looking keyfob

Can't add any advice.

I would just say that the earlier model cars with the blip button on the side of the case I feel was a poor and irritating design. The key hole that holds the front to the back invariably reams out over the years and duct tape to hold both together is sadly necessary.

Manouvering that fob to press the button with large hands is irritatingly fiddly.

You don't have that problem. 

Agree that the Blade is welded into the unit which is why I sold a Spare I acquired, thinking I could just transfer the blade and pc board. No go!

Duct tape stops the screw falling out. I daresay I could fill the hole and then drill a countersink so the screw is set solid, but life is too short.

I'd use Lumberjack Wood Adhesive which dries in five mins and which is lethal to skin when curing, but seems to stick everything under the Sun and goes rock hard.  My Sandels soles came apart in France and this stuff stuck them back together in no time. Ha ha ha.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links