Good afternoon.

My spare key fob back cover is broken around the screw... I have seen online that you can buy just the back cover genuine but i am not sure about part numbers.

I found this on eBay UK.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362722816828

Not sure if its right one....can anyone advise me with part numbers?

Thanks

Poor practise of the eBay seller to cover part of the part number.

You might be better of replacing the whole plastic fob surround. Available on eBay cheaply enough, and some with the nice Lexus logo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Poor practise of the eBay seller to cover part of the part number.

You might be better of replacing the whole plastic fob surround. Available on eBay cheaply enough, and some with the nice Lexus logo.

Do you know the correct part number?

No. Might be tricky to find in the online parts catalogues, too. It does look like the right shape. J0

No. Might be tricky to find in the online parts catalogues, too. It does look like the right shape.

Try calling your main Lexus dealer they might give it to you

15 hours ago, Greer said:

Try calling your main Lexus dealer they might give it to you

Contacted lexus direct who said that they no longer supply blank keys due to theft and fraud???? You can buy aftermarket ones for few quid online!

9 minutes ago, Greer said:

Sorry i might not have explained things the way i should.

All i need is the casing, my key back cover that has the screw is broken and where the key blade is attached to the plastic is cracked....they still works fine and is my spare key.

I dont mind buying a whole new casing with blank blade ,I will transfer the electronic fob bit into the new casing and  get a locksmith to cut the blade. that will give me a new looking keyfob

11 hours ago, amazighman said:

All i need is the casing, my key back cover that has the screw is broken

If my experience, which is not uncommon apparently, is related it is not just the crew, what you call ''the blade'' is not just screw secured, at external area where the 'blade' comes out of the shell, inside is not just screwed it is moulded into the shell around that 'blade' exit point & it is that 'welding' type mould which keeps the 'blade' firm over the 20 years of it's existence, it is that mould 'type' area which simply breaks up a bit because of aging.

I still go back to what I said before which was Lexus can & do fix them by moulding a new blade into a new >complete< shell which was not the price I gave before, it cost me 70 pounds & got the equivilant of a new key set up. 

The above is written based on what I understand of your problem, I think you need to take it into Lexus to get it at least looked at so they know >exactly< whats what

1 hour ago, amazighman said:

The moulding above the blade is starting to crack...so need new whole shell/key to transfer my electronic fob into.

Yes, that was my thinking.

My nearest Lexus main dealership did it (the whole job) all but if you want to go a locksmith for the key shell and see if a/the locksmith will also 'mould' the blade into the shell as well, you may not find a professional locksmith very cheap at all, but, good luck.

Also, there are probably a few browsers come here with 20 year old ( = 20 years of use) key units, please give some details of how you go about the 'whole' thing so they will have an idea of what do if it happens to them, my only suggestion for the record is go to a Lexus main dealer & let them sort the 'whole' thing.

Can't add any advice.

I would just say that the earlier model cars with the blip button on the side of the case I feel was a poor and irritating design. The key hole that holds the front to the back invariably reams out over the years and duct tape to hold both together is sadly necessary.

Manouvering that fob to press the button with large hands is irritatingly fiddly.

You don't have that problem. 

Agree that the Blade is welded into the unit which is why I sold a Spare I acquired, thinking I could just transfer the blade and pc board. No go!

15 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

duct tape to hold both together is sadly necessary.

That's what I had to do, or try & do when it went, however it was so precarious that I then had to grip & turn the whole thing in the ignition slot with a pair of pliars to start it, boy was I glad when that was fixed by Lexus

Duct tape stops the screw falling out. I daresay I could fill the hole and then drill a countersink so the screw is set solid, but life is too short.

I'd use Lumberjack Wood Adhesive which dries in five mins and which is lethal to skin when curing, but seems to stick everything under the Sun and goes rock hard.  My Sandels soles came apart in France and this stuff stuck them back together in no time. Ha ha ha.

Got a genuine new fob casing with blank blade from Ebay for Circa 30 pounds...i will get the blade cut at my local locksmith next week

8 hours ago, amazighman said:

Got a genuine new fob casing with blank blade from Ebay for Circa 30 pounds

That's interesting, but, have you transferred the transmitter/transponder to it yet? because the transmitter has all the security codes for the car & it's ignition system!

I thought to  get the key cut and then move the thingy with the 3 buttons onto new casing.. am i.missing smth?

It might be a good idea to change the transmitter Battery at the same time, mine takes CR1616 I use a brand name