Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for Advice LEXUS RX300 AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION

Hi, I hope one of you guys can give me some advice please. My RX300 year 2005 air suspension has died. Looking now to find a conversion kit that will be suitable , I have seen a few options, but unfortunately the suppliers are not exactly forthcoming with information. The car is stuck in Romania and we do not have much help from any mechanics we have met so far. 

Thanks in advance for any advice and options. 

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Have a look at this topic and any other content by the same guy, BrightonRX300, if this particular topic doesn't have what you need:

EDIT: Here's a link to the eBay trader Jon used

Brighton is only a few miles from me so I called in to see the guy who was doing this conversion, Jon is his name.  He did the work himself, and none of it looked over complicated.  The coilovers were adjustable and when he got the height correct he was very happy with the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just a question ,does this modification invalidate your insurance as your vehicle is not standard and will it need an inspection ,have a 2004 with air ( touching wood as writing this ) and it appears ok at moment ,so might need to do this in the future Thanks Bob

You may have to tell the insurance as it's a modification but no inspection is necessary as far as I know and it certainly won't invalidate the insurance - unless you maybe forget to tell them of the modification.

Dozens of people have done this because the air suspension is eye-wateringly expensive to fix when it goes wrong.