Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless entry

Chammers

On 8/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, NemesisUK said:

This is basically what the Autowatch Ghost does. Once installed you have the 2-step verification.

https://autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu

No doubt the Ghost system is good but it can only come into effect once the scrotes are already in your pride and joy, at which point they may become vindictive and frustrated at not being able to drive it away and cause damage like ripping through the leather seats with a knife or some other damage.

I still reckon deterrent is the best plan. Make them think it's too much hassle and they'll move to an easier target.

• Like 2

I don't think scrotes would have the equipment to even get into your car, as for the professional thieves, they have targeted you car for a reason so moving on to the next target is not really a option unless they have a line up of cars to choose from, most cars stolen by the professionals are stolen to order and they are at least going to have a quick go at removing any deterrent you have so they will be all ready be in your car and with all the expensive equipment they have i can't see a crook lock causing then to much of a problem. 

First guy has a relay box so they have the equipment, but don't want the hassle of removing the steering lock.

I do admit that all steering locks are not equal but the one I have has been tested by two motoring organisations and each time took more than five minutes of attacking it with hammers, saws and chisels to defeat it. That's five minutes of noise and hassle that they just don't want or need.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi fellas

Sorry for reviving this post, but somebody here mentioned that pressing in the fob the unlock button twice while mantaining the lock button pressed down, would cancel the keyless entry.

Ive tried this in my LC500 2017 and it actually works. After completing this command sequence, I can´t unlock the door with the keys on me. 

However, after using the unlock button in the fob to unlock and then lock the car, they keyless entry resets and activates again (i.e. after the first locking/unlocking, I can again unlock the car by pressing on the handle).

Am I suppose to do this sequence EVERY TIME I lock the car, if I want to deactivate keyless entry??

Thanks for your help!

Hi Sergio.

Yes, that's correct - the disabling of the keyless entry, via the method you have described, will be undone once you next use the key fob (i.e. the keyless entry system will be re-activated). So yes - you do need to do this every time you lock the car.

1 minute ago, Andy B said:

Hi Sergio.

Yes, that's correct - the disabling of the keyless entry, via the method you have described, will be undone once you next use the key fob (i.e. the keyless entry system will be re-activated). So yes - you do need to do this every time you lock the car.

Just to add that there is a way, via the infotainment system, to permanently disable the keyless entry system should you wish to go that far (at least there is a way on my NX and I assume the LC500 has this ability also).

2 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Hi Sergio.

Thank you so much Andy, that was fast and helpful.

I guess then I will just do that with the spare key.

Regarding the second answer, would you please elaborate? I´ve failed to find said options, but mostly because I don´t know where to look for it? And the answer is ´yes´, I would like to go that far. So many keyless entry thefts in my area lately, it´s crazy. I use Faraday pouches with both keys, and I installed a bollard in my driveway...but still. I want to think that disabling the keyless entry, also disables the RF signal that they reproduce?

Once again, thank you so much for your time and help.

No problem Sergio - happy to help.

With regards to how to permanently disable the keyless entry system - I would imagine that there is reference to it in the car's manual (assuming that it can indeed be done on a 2017 LC500). Failing that, hopefully another LC500 owner on this forum will be able to help.

Be aware though that disabling the system permanently will obviously remove all of the advantages of such a system.

27 minutes ago, Andy B said:

No problem Sergio - happy to help.

With regards to how to permanently disable the keyless entry system - I would imagine that there is reference to it in the car's manual (assuming that it can indeed be done on a 2017 LC500). Failing that, hopefully another LC500 owner on this forum will be able to help.

Be aware though that disabling the system permanently will obviously remove all of the advantages of such a system.

Maybe the option is not available then, I can't find it on the lock/unlock section of the manual.

Thanks for your kind help, Andy.

Hi again. First of all, thanks again to Andy, because although I couldn't find it in the manual, I managed to find the "smart entry" option and cancel it on the infotainment system.

Now I only have one further question, I guess this is not only for LC owners but any owner of a car with smart entry. When the keyless entry and start is deactivated, does this cancel the RF signal of the fobs, making it impossible to be stolen that way (copying the signal)?

Thanks again

35 minutes ago, HybridLC said:

Now I only have one further question, I guess this is not only for LC owners but any owner of a car with smart entry. When the keyless entry and start is deactivated, does this cancel the RF signal of the fobs, making it impossible to be stolen that way (copying the signal)?

You cannot perform a relay attack if the car's keyless entry has been disabled as it won't send/receive signals, it doesn't matter what the key does. The keys themselves respond when they hear the car so if the car isn't sending a signal then the keys won't respond. They will respond to other cars but that is of no use or threat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links