Car is back from the bodyshop and sadly there are issues to work through. I'm pretty sure this bracket on the bumper top has been put back on wrong as there seems to be screws missing and it doesn't line up to every hole. Can anybody do a comparison for me? It'd be appreciated!a90f84fb28393c4c9762356a8810cc02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don’t know the LS myself, but if I was a betting man, I’d say that is meant to be under the bumper skin, not on top of it?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

There's a ridge along it so looks like its been put on upside down, and probably needs be be turned over and around. Then might align with screw holes

Thank you guys!

That's mine, "Go-compare" as they say 😃

Cheers.

IMG_20190905_123959706_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190905_124006987_HDR.jpg

No holes at all! What year is this?

That was a bit thoughtless of me, 

2004 , it's the facelift version but I'm sure my earlier 2002 was exactly the same.

Still think it looks like it should be under the bumper skin, not on top. I’d be a bit p1ssed if they’ve ended up screwing holes through my bumper

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't look right, can't believe the bracket should be on the top of the bumper. 

We're talking a 1993 LS here. There are holes in the bumper itself. Like in the 2 examples. Maybe they changed the design later?

Then we need to send out an appeal for 1993 owners, there must be plenty out there 😁

It looks much neater on the later models but they don't have screws all along like the early models seem to need. I hope it is just fitted the wrong way around. They also left out the brackets on the bumper corners under the headlights so I have to inspect that when it comes back. Sigh.

They sound like a total nightmare !

Best of luck on getting a great result.

They sound like a total nightmare !
Best of luck on getting a great result.
Thank you. I'm not impressed and they're very apologetic but hey just to the job right first time. That's what you're paid for eh? I want it perfect and won't settle for less.

Stuart is probably correct Alexander ,  bumper support could be upside down which is why the holes dont line up ,either that or there is something not right with the bumper . Your right not to be impressed it is obviously wrong so why would they leave it like that .

Excuse the safety slippers and shadow .2013075372_frontbumparea1.thumb.jpg.d2ce56c28ce2eedc20bad0459eb222b1.jpg

• Like 2

Stuart is probably correct Alexander ,  bumper support could be upside down which is why the holes dont line up ,either that or there is something not right with the bumper . Your right not to be impressed it is obviously wrong so why would they leave it like that .
Excuse the safety slippers and shadow .2013075372_frontbumparea1.thumb.jpg.d2ce56c28ce2eedc20bad0459eb222b1.jpg
Thank you Rupert.

Yes and underneath the headlights the corner brackets weren't right. One was just lose and sat there and the other missing altogether! If anybody can provide an image of them, that would be great!

Have a good weekend all.

Alexander..

Not sure what kind of bolts are supposed to be here!? 9d02ced03d0d973369b2ad954101cf6e.jpg6e559b65243ff876c0f6adae7e547833.jpg