Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 LS400 Seat interchangeability

Hello,

I want to swap out the front seats of my LS400, model 20. 

Has anyone installed forward folding seats from another 2dr Lexus to a 4 door and had it work? I am not particularly interested in retaining memory functions. Just want access from the front, no matter how small the gain is with the narrower front door.

Thank You

Regards

7 hours ago, Chasesdragons said:

Hello,

I want to swap out the front seats of my LS400, model 20. 

Has anyone installed forward folding seats from another 2dr Lexus to a 4 door and had it work? I am not particularly interested in retaining memory functions. Just want access from the front, no matter how small the gain is with the narrower front door.

Thank You

Regards

I'm not a gambling man but I'd put money on the answer being no!  What's a model 20?

1 hour ago, Chasesdragons said:

Ah poop, I need to find a solution for this, so seats from  coupe may not work?

I think the proper term is  UCF20 for the model?

Thank you.

Ah, UCF20. I think you'll find the main thing with this forum is that LS owners mainly want to keep them stock as they are as near to perfect as a car can get.  Personally I can't remember any times over the years that I've been a member when anything like this have come up, and when it does it's considered sacrilege!  Why do you want to do this?

You have a point, when a car is at an engineering zenith, theres hardly much leeway to make it "better". Only movement left is lateral.

Mine is simply that the engine and gearbox are being loaded into a classic Merc (can't wait for the reaction in the Merc forums!). 

The seats also have a chance ofngoingnin, but its a coupe. I could just slide the seats forward to allow entry, but a proper tilt and slide would be more in keeping.