Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smell in car

Hi all,

I was in my lexus is300h and I put it into sport mode and gave it a bit of a hard drive and got a bad smell in the car after. Now I never ever drive it hard always potter about In eco mode from the time I have had it a year ago. Would this be anything serious like the catalytic converter going or would it be the case it was clearing and blown it out because it has never been drivin hard before. I took it back out afterwards and the smell was gone . 

Thanks .

7 hours ago, PCM said:

What kind of smell?

Exactly. 

My understanding is to never drive all the time in eco mode as it is not intended for constant use. I wonder if giving it a blast cleared the cat out. The smell is like rotten eggs? 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, olliesgrandad said:

My understanding is to never drive all the time in eco mode as it is not intended for constant use.

I never use ECO mode (I find it too frustrating) but I have never read or been told anything to suggest this... can you explain?

hybrids are best round town when they can take advantage of

the lower speeds and use electric more often so not being

able to constantly use eco seems a bit bizarre.

i agree with dan

On 8/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, DanD said:

I never use ECO mode (I find it too frustrating) but I have never read or been told anything to suggest this... can you explain?

Best to see the Lexus driving a hybrid videos on Lexus 👍