Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS problem.

Since having the new wheels fitted I've had a problem with the TPMS light coming on, initially the elusive button under the dash solved it, but I'm still not getting a reading on the display of the tyre pressures plus the light on the dash still appears. Is it a case of taking it to Hedge End to get it re-calibrated. They are metal valves so I know Prestige did fit proper TPMS valves. 

OK so when you remove the wheels off a Lexus you need to make sure the ignition is not on. This ensures that the pairing of the sensors stays with the car. 

You need Techstream to pair up again. It takes 10min to do. If you were closure I would do it for you. 

Do you remember if the car was running or ignition on when they changed the bits? 

1 hour ago, Arqum said:

OK so when you remove the wheels off a Lexus you need to make sure the ignition is not on. This ensures that the pairing of the sensors stays with the car. 

You need Techstream to pair up again. It takes 10min to do. If you were closure I would do it for you. 

Do you remember if the car was running or ignition on when they changed the bits? 

Thanks, I'm not too sure as I was waiting in reception while they were doing their thing. 

How much is a Techstream? I was thinking of positioning the old wheels tyres next to the new ones and turning on the ignition to see if I could wake the system up but it's probably a daft idea

If the old wheels and TPMS sensors weren't far enough away when the new ones were added it will have caused problems. May even added them as a second set. 

Check your handbook on how to switch between sets?

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

If the old wheels and TPMS sensors weren't far enough away when the new ones were added it will have caused problems. May even added them as a second set. 

Check your handbook on how to switch between sets?

Done that according to the handbook as someone else had found that section for me. I need a Techstream I'll either have to buy one or find a local owner with one.

Done that according to the handbook as someone else had found that section for me. I need a Techstream I'll either have to buy one or find a local owner with one.
Techstream is Toyotas own software. The only wag you can use it outside the network is with a hacked copy. We arn't allowed to share links or talk about it here.

Tbh, it can be a pain. For this one thing you may as well just ask dealer to do it.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Techstream is Toyotas own software. The only wag you can use it outside the network is with a hacked copy. We arn't allowed to share links or talk about it here.

Tbh, it can be a pain. For this one thing you may as well just ask dealer to do it.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I guess I'll have to just pop along to Hedge End.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links