Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I ( along with others) reccomend the Bosch S4 026 (068), largest Battery that will physically fit in tray ( keeping plastic jacket and temp sensor in place) with correct terminal orientation.

Right now is gonna cost £88.54 at ECP.

Check this lengthy informative thread here, https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/107731-best-12v-battery-for-is250/#comment

paul m.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Is the alternater charging the battery? Normally when the battery goes that is it . They just die, mine was fine moved car a few feet nothing dead as a dodo.

I'm assuming it does because if I jump start it and then drive for a while then Battery has a little bit of power to start the car but after few hours it isn't enough. The Battery is about 6 years old now. Once car is started, everything is running fine. How do I know if alternator is bad? Once the car starts, it can drive for hours no problem so I'm assuming alternator is fine because the Battery hasn't got enough power to be providing all the power 

If it is the original OEM Blacktop Panasonic Battery then it probably has had its day and these symptoms are a sign that it is about to fail completely, 

pics of OEM Battery in link I posted above.

Best sort it soon as it may let you down at the most awkward time.

paul m

You really need a multimeter to check properly. Cheap ones can be had for under a tenner but even very good ones can be as little as £30. This is the one that I have but there's a couple at even less than a fiver if you don't want to spend much. Linky to multimeters at Amazon

You need to check standing Battery voltage against the chart below and when the engine is running and the alternator spinning you should get about 14.4 - 14.7V.

If you don't want to buy a multimeter, start the engine and switch on high-load things such as headlight high beams, heated rear screen, seat heaters etc. You may find that the headlights look dull but if they brighten up as you rev the engine then the alternator is working, but without a meter you won't know how well it's working.

bvolts.png.3538ddac841f15c74976ce1d882d59f0.png

I recently changed mine as the voltage reading was reading about 11.8 - 12V and it was nine years old. I didn't want to wait for winter and then everyone needs them and the price goes up. I managed to get a Varta with a five year warranty for £83 from EuroCar parts with free online delivery. I hope it does as well as the original Panasonic. Just make sure the terminal posts are the right way round as I believe the IS220 is different.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:53 AM, james250 said:

I'm assuming it does because if I jump start it and then drive for a while then battery has a little bit of power to start the car but after few hours it isn't enough. The battery is about 6 years old now. Once car is started, everything is running fine. How do I know if alternator is bad? Once the car starts, it can drive for hours no problem so I'm assuming alternator is fine because the battery hasn't got enough power to be providing all the power 

With a reasonable Battery and the alternator running you should see at least 13.5V.

Just a question re the battery. I fitted an original Lexus battery. On the left hand side there is a plug that has a clip on the back. Looks like it needs to be fitted somewhere but there is no obvious place?
Any ideas please?
Many thanks 
Might be the sensor that fits in the plastic Battery case. But awkward to get in. From the front of the car looking towards the Battery it sits on the left.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MerchantOfVenice said:

Just a question re the battery. I fitted an original Lexus battery. On the left hand side there is a plug that has a clip on the back. Looks like it needs to be fitted somewhere but there is no obvious place?

Any ideas please?

Many thanks 

There is a connector that connects to this. If i'm not mistaken it's a temperature sensor in the plastic housing.

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

@james250 The post above is the first one from you since the 25th so how have you gone on - any progress?

Sorry forgot to post an update. I got the Bosch S4 026 (068). It's a perfect fit and installation fairly straightforward. 10mins max. It's been a week and so far so good.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I bought this Battery 5 years ago with a 4 year warranty:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-s4-car-battery-068-4-year-guarantee-444770687

Car didn't start this morning 😞 Don't really have the time to faff about so just went and bought another one as we need the car to just work. Pretty annoyed!

Hope it was only about £80 after using their discount code! You should never pay ECP Mickey Mouse list prices!

So 5 years out of a Battery G’teed for 4 is OK I guess a bit unlucky but 5 is longer than 4! Bosch do have a S5 Battery but not stocked or available everywhere and obs a bit dearer, In effect you paid £20 per year so if you can get a S5 for £100 or less go for it.

paul m

6 minutes ago, Texas said:

Hope it was only about £80 after using their discount code! You should never pay ECP Mickey Mouse list prices!

So 5 years out of a battery G’teed for 4 is OK I guess a bit unlucky but 5 is longer than 4! Bosch do have a S5 battery but not stocked or available everywhere and obs a bit dearer, In effect you paid £20 per year so if you can get a S5 for £100 or less go for it.

paul m

£92.39 after discount 👍