Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know you all like pics but I may have overdone it

Now that is a beautiful car!

I hope you're not someone who only does about 3k miles a year, but rather a person who will use it often and enjoy it to the full, because that is quite spectacular.

• Like 2

Really lovely!

Would never afford unless new unless lottery win. could buy the old LS600h from around 2007 though. Or an 18 plate Toyota Avensis or Auris Hybrid, but not as nice as a lexus.

James

Lovely looking car.

I was quite surprised to see those blinds, assuming that they probably had some technology now to adjust the tint level in the glass. Not that it will trouble you in the front . . .

A very nice car, not that I would ever own one, and the reason being although I live is a small Cotswold town, work in another Cotswold Town, it seems to me that trying to keep my car in nice condition is thwarted by other tw*ts driving into me when I am parked.

Over this weekend another numpty had a go at kissing the front bumper, which from the looks of the 500, would have meant a new grille and hefty insurance claim.  At least on the 400 is was a jolly good rub down with a old cloth, and later on maybe T-cut.  But the chrome strip is damaged.  I think I just give up making my LS look like Tip Top and just keeping it mechanically tickety-boo

What is it with people who have no idea how to park without hitting all and sundry around them.  This is the 8th time this has happened to me over last 25 years of living in Cotswolds, never had this problem when living in Bristol for 20 years

3 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

What is it with people who have no idea how to park without hitting all and sundry around them.  This is the 8th time this has happened to me over last 25 years of living in Cotswolds, never had this problem when living in Bristol for 20 years

Too many bloody SUVs mate. Most of their drivers have NO IDEA how wide/long they are. 🤬

Fine example. Is it dark blue or black? Also when I’ve stood beside one, in a dealers, it’s always seemed very low. But I guess you don’t have a problem getting in and out. Enjoy it

Graphite Black, adjustable height when entering the car, Lexus realised that old boys like me would struggle with entry/exit so the car raises when you open the door and lowers when you drive. As with most things in the car you can disable this feature, I think (so many things to discover)  It is lower than my previous LS's though.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed you have read and contributed to some of the new ES threads and I noticed in the replies  that your car model was stated as a LS500h.    It's good to look at other model posts but oddly I rarely  looked at other model posts  when I owned a GS450h and LS460.  Now I flit all over the forum to see what's going on.  My LS460 was just the best even though I love this new ES I have now.    Your LS500h is just fantastic and makes the 2007 LS I owned seem quite dated  a bit like a LS400 would look dated to a 2007 LS.

The rear entertainment screens,  are they fixed or can they be removed or hide away in the seat backs somehow?   Looks like a Premium to me so would it have the RSR feature?

Steve   

Hi Steve, I have my settings to read all the latest posts when I log in.( A stream created by Steve, Admin.).

Rear screens fixed, can't be moved ( I said in an earlier post that you should never say can't, won't, doesn't, as with most things Lexus, it can, it will and it does  ( it's us not knowing how) It is the Premier so does have the rear seat ottoman.

Graham did you think the LS600h L   4 seat configuration with RSR pack just the best version of the 2007-2009 LS's.   I did,  and I was strongly drawn to choosing one but at the last minute I chose the LS460 SE-L  because I didn't quite have the confidence in the hybrid system due to lack of knowledge.  Always regretted that last minute change of mind especially as my knowledge of hybrid systems grew and Toyota's reputation on hybrid technology  was obviously way ahead of everybody else.  Now I will wait for Toyota to develop an all electric car with a significant range, say 1000 miles before charging is required.   I bet we won't have to wait that long.  

So impressed was I with the LS460/600 model  that I once bought an official Lexus salesman's interior trim sample case.  This must have been used by salesman who visited customers who couldn't get to a showroom maybe.    Still have it and find it hard to get rid of it, it's such a nice example of paint, leather and wood that   was available back in 2007.  

$_57[2].jpg

$_57[1] (5).jpg

$_57[1] (4).jpg

$_57[3].jpg

On 8/29/2019 at 9:16 PM, graham8370 said:

Thanks Aido, pre-op next week with by-pass probably the week after.

Fingers crossed it all goes well as I'm guessing it must be getting close now.

Hope all goes well and here's to a quick recovery so you can get out on the road and enjoy your new toy! There's a similar one in the village, I think he works for Lexus or he's just a huge fan of the brand and it certainly looks fantastic every time I see it 🙂