Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know you all like pics but I may have overdone it

Many thanks Aido, John.  

Steve, I had an 09 LS600h and it was a fantastic car. Looking at the current prices, they're fetching more money now than they did 2 years ago.

Whenever I change I always have a doubt that I may have done the wrong thing. This doubt usually lasts for about a month until I get used to the new one, then I realise I have done the right thing. I refuse to believe that Lexus, with all the expertise and an infinite amount of money, would do anything other than improve upon the previous model.

If I recall, I was probably the other bidder for that salesman's sample case.

Graham I think there were two options for the e bay trim samples, buy it now or bids. From memory I think I just clicked buy it now.  Can you believe the actual box is covered in leather with velvet linings.  Included was 4 semi aniline leather and 4 non aniline samples of leather in 4 colours, black, ivory, white and grey.  The 3 wood options and 12 paint samples  plus a booklet showing all the selection permutations across the 460 and 600  models.      £60  with free delivery and it must weigh about 8 or 9lbs.  You can see how the salesman would place the sample of wood leather and paint into the lid of the box to show to great effect how the interior colour scheme might look.  I put the colours of my 460 into the lid just for fun.  

The best bit of a 600h L for me was that rear centre console and all the veneered panels hiding all the toys including that pop out table.  I think your right the 600h L with RSR pack is going to be a classic.   Can you believe I was so obsessed with my 460 I even had my locking wheel nuts chrome plated.   

002 (9).JPG

001 (11).JPG

5.JPG

On 8/29/2019 at 9:16 PM, graham8370 said:

Thanks Aido, pre-op next week with by-pass probably the week after.

Presume you are having a heart by-pass? If so, you will have to suffer the frustration of not driving that lovely car for 6 weeks!

I had a triple by-pass 4 years ago at St Thomas' Hospital. The care was first class and provided you don#t have any complications you should be out in 5 days. 

Follow their instructions to the letter - and you will be fine. You are not allowed to pick up anything heavier than a kettle! Follow that advice or you will suffer! Trust me!

Interestingly the day before my diagnosis I bought the LS 400 - thought about selling it the next day! Glad I didn't!

All the very best Graham. 

Thanks David, will do.

''Interestingly the day before my diagnosis I bought the LS 400 - thought about selling it the next day! Glad I didn't!''

I bought my 500 on the Thursday for pick up Tuesday, Between I had the attack on the Sunday. Like you, I nearly called Gatwick on the Monday to pull out of the deal, and, like you, I'm glad I didn't.

• Like 1