Mr Vlad

Wow what a dumper truck

Whilst looking in Google news world I came across a Swedish build electric dumper truck based on a komatsu model. It's called the E Truck. Weighs 45 ton empty but carries 65 ton. The magic of this truck is it never needs to be charged. How? Regenerative braking. It goes downhill fully loaded and regen's more power than is needed to get back up the hill empty. Is that brilliant or what? 

• Like 1

So, if you live on the top of lets say mount fuji and drive down every day and up again you could do thesame?

Only if you bring down 65 tons of rock, and how much fuel would you need to load it?

John.

• Haha 1

I suppose Dutchie that if the car had a big enough Battery and a top notch regen system and the road was always clear then I'd say yes it could be done if you lived at the top of mount fuji. But I don't think that car exists yet.

Lynton, and Lynmouth railway has been using this principle for 100 years but using water instead of rock. Whats more the water loads itself into the carriages without using any fuel.

John.