Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear door panel ripped leather rx400h

Hello Lexus gurus, 

Advice needed and any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Wife managed to rip the leather on the rear door with thw baby chair so wanted to check  what you guys think would be the best way to fix this? 

Change the whole panel? Any way to  change just the affected area? 

This is a 2006 rx400h. 

Tx a lot. 

15668138544366106343809816007006.jpg

That can be repaired quite easily by a trim expert as the leather is still there albeit hanging off. They'll glue behind the bits hanging off and fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

I'd imagine the door armrest would be separate from the door card, so easily replaceable.

Repairable as Rayaan says but not sure it would be invisible enough personally I'd replace the armrest 

• Like 1

Yes that damage can be repaired but from experience I'd get a used panel from a breakers as it'd be a fair bit cheaper. However it'd be pot luck. A good repair would be invisible if done correctly but at a price. Best advice is shop around.

• Like 2

We had a smaller tear in the front trim by the glove box when a piece of MDF slipped forward and dug into it.  I got a repair kit from eBay for about £10 which had a backing sheet and a mixable filler/ adhesive which could be matched to the colour of the trim.  My wife did the repair which, although not invisible is good enough for a 14 year old car which isn't worth a lot now.  Until you repair it it is worth fixing it back as well as you can with the clear ( more expensive) sellotape which doesn't yellow or harden so it won't shrink back too much which would make repair difficult.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi did you get  the arm rest repaired, mine same Im  thinking going to local leather trimmer as trim in car very thin not sure its even real leather, do you know how to remove door internal arm rest, as I want to have silver trim wrapped in wood style, I could drop one at a time to be done then, its obviously a problem /weak point., Love the car though

• Like 2