Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used RX450H Recommendations

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

This is the actual quote I got from Lexus Teeside and it's 'live' now, in other words I went ahead and signed the paperwork.

Don't take any notice of the mileages shown as they made a mistake - it's currently up to 47,874 miles:

398906032_serviceplan1.thumb.PNG.1a2d5fe2c82825fe267d686f7dc20990.PNG

Maybe they made a mistake or maybe they gave me some other discount, I don't know, but that's the price I got it for (payments being taken monthly).

The price is probably better because you have it on a service plan? 

I normally pay as I go because in the past my high mileage has meant I don't get the best value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olliesgrandad said:

The price is probably better because you have it on a service plan?

Honestly don't know but that's what I'm paying so I'm happy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi

I saw this car today and secured it with a deposit. Will go for a test drive at the weekend before committing to it. 

I'm trading in my old 18 year Toyota  Rav 4 which they value at £500 so the total price I will pay is £13400.

I am not considering paying for an extra 2 years warranty at £995. 

Any thoughts? 

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rx-Estate-Special-Editions/450h-35-Advance-5dr-CVT-Auto-Pan-roof-mqb48uq

• Like 1

Nice looking car inside and out.  Have you checked service record? What warranty are you being given on the car? Assuming this is for one year, it would seem to me that £995 for an additional 2 year warranty on a car with near 100K miles would be better value than the same figure for a 2 year extension on a 2015 car with sub 40K miles I have been offered.

• Like 2

Looks very nice, enjoy it!

I imagine you don't need to take out the additional 2yr warranty now, it could be done near to the end of the one year you get when buying it? Did you also have to sit through the usual gap insurance, Supagard etc sales thing?

Do Sidcup charge an admin fee?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

Nice looking car inside and out.  Have you checked service record? What warranty are you being given on the car? Assuming this is for one year, it would seem to me that £995 for an additional 2 year warranty on a car with near 100K miles would be better value than the same figure for a 2 year extension on a 2015 car with sub 40K miles I have been offered.

Yes I am offered the standard 12 months warranty. The salesman said there's a special offer at the moment of 2 years for the price of 1 for extended warranty. So the total price I will pay for 3 years warranty is £995.

Is this worth getting now or should I wait near the end if the 12 months? 

What does the warranty actually cover? 

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

In fact the car has same tyre make is a good sign! The car does look clean and nice! Keep us updated on how the test drive go. Good luck!

Yes the car is well maintained inside and out. The only issue I have is the visible creases on the leather seats. I was offered  the Lexus interior protection coat for £250 but I'm not sure if that will improve the creases.

If I am not happy with the test drive or anything else, will Lexus refund me my deposit without issues?  

8 minutes ago, Kopper said:

Yes the car is well maintained  The only issue I have is the visible creases on the leather seats. I was offered  the Lexus interior protection coat for £250 but I'm not sure if that will improve the creases.

Don’t bother with the interior protection. Use a decent leather cleaner (Chemical Guys or Gliptone) and then a leather cream. 

My car with cream leather interior had a leather protector when it was new. After I bought it I found the product on Ebay(detailers sell surplus product there) and after cleaning gave it another coat. 

Enjoy 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kopper said:

If I am not happy with the test drive or anything else, will Lexus refund me my deposit without issues?  

You would hope so, but probably worth asking the question before the test drive.

It sounds as if the RX will be quite different to your current car (it certainly was for me when I bought mine earlier this year) and it can be difficult to take everything in on the test drive. Hopefully the salesperson will shut up and let you get on with it. Ask if they'll let you take a route that replicates the roads you'll be using it on?

I see that they have a slightly newer example with 82k, perhaps you could be cheeky and ask for a drive in that too? Would be an interesting comparison before you definitely go for the silver one.

Also see if they have a 30-day exchange policy, I got mine from Tunbridge Wells and they did - I had to use it in my case due to issues with the first one I bought. If you find things after purchase that you don't like then that is the ultimate way of getting it sorted.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kopper said:

Yes I am offered the standard 12 months warranty. The salesman said there's a special offer at the moment of 2 years for the price of 1 for extended warranty. So the total price I will pay for 3 years warranty is £995.

Is this worth getting now or should I wait near the end if the 12 months? 

What does the warranty actually cover? 

Take the Warranty in 12 months time.It covers everything Electrical or Mechanical on the vehicle, but (I think) excludes the Audio equipment. Ask the Dealer.

57 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

You would hope so, but probably worth asking the question before the test drive.

It sounds as if the RX will be quite different to your current car (it certainly was for me when I bought mine earlier this year) and it can be difficult to take everything in on the test drive. Hopefully the salesperson will shut up and let you get on with it. Ask if they'll let you take a route that replicates the roads you'll be using it on?

I see that they have a slightly newer example with 82k, perhaps you could be cheeky and ask for a drive in that too? Would be an interesting comparison before you definitely go for the silver one.

Also see if they have a 30-day exchange policy, I got mine from Tunbridge Wells and they did - I had to use it in my case due to issues with the first one I bought. If you find things after purchase that you don't like then that is the ultimate way of getting it sorted.

I had eyes on the £82k one but it was already sold. 

Is paying £995 for extra 2 years warranty worth getting now? 

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Take the Warranty in 12 months time.It covers everything Electrical or Mechanical on the vehicle, but (I think) excludes the Audio equipment. Ask the Dealer.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopper said:

I had eyes on the £82k one but it was already sold. 

Is paying £995 for extra 2 years warranty worth getting now? 

Might be worth seeing if they will do a deal as part of the purchase for an extended warranty period?

• Like 1

If you have an extended warranty and experience a major fault, do you have to pay for transporting car to Lexus or is this cost included in the warranty or Lexus recovery cover?  Also, does this have to be to the dealership/group who sold you the warranty or does this mean to any Lexus dealership (perhaps the nearest to which your car became immobile?)

Is there any assurance that the two year for the price of one presently offered will apply if you wait until the one year warranty given with the car is almost finished?

4 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

If you have an extended warranty and experience a major fault, do you have to pay for transporting car to Lexus or is this cost included in the warranty or Lexus recovery cover?  Also, does this have to be to the dealership/group who sold you the warranty or does this mean to any Lexus dealership (perhaps the nearest to which your car became immobile?)

Is there any assurance that the two year for the price of one presently offered will apply if you wait until the one year warranty given with the car is almost finished?

Very good points. Thanks

I will ask them today

25 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

The warranty comes with full AA cover, even full European cover, so they will get it to the dealers if it can't be driven.

Service plans are dealer-group specific but the warranty can be claimed on nationwide, Land's End to John O'Groats and all points in between.

The two-for-one price has been running for a long time and seems to be 'the norm' but I suppose that could change at any time, so if Ben has the money at this moment it would make sense to pay for it now and it will commence cover as the first year warranty ends. The problem is, as I've mentioned in other posts, the requirement to have servicing done at the dealers too. The warranty itself is great value but then you have to also add in the costs of servicing - and when you're used to low mates rates like I've been for years, that is a major shock.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, Vlady said:

In fact the car has same tyre make is a good sign! The car does look clean and nice! Keep us updated on how the test drive go. Good luck!

Went for a test drive yesterday and was happy. 

I decided to buy it for £13900 which includes SupaGuard interior/exterior protection in the price as it was discounted to £200 from £500. I added the 2 year extra warranty for £995. I also decided not to trade in my old Rav 4 which they only valued at £250 and I know I can get at least £1000 if I sell it privately. 

As the warranty will now be 3 years, how much are the monthly payment  service plans?  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kopper said:

As the warranty will now be 3 years, how much are the monthly payment  service plans?

This is what I was quoted by Lexus Teeside (don't take any notice of the mileages as they made a mistake - it's only just done over 47k and the next service will be the big one at 60k/6 years):

1047789335_serviceplan.thumb.PNG.aaba9f68eb024e9ec4b37092392f9ea7.PNG

1028655034_serviceplan1.thumb.PNG.c2940f62bcf3fdfc8c611a46a6c79edc.PNG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kopper said:

Went for a test drive yesterday and was happy. 

I decided to buy it..............

Nice one, welcome to the world of RX ownership!

Also a good idea to keep the RAV4 and sell it yourself, £250 sounds rather derisory.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Herbie said:

This is what I was quoted by Lexus Teeside (don't take any notice of the mileages as they made a mistake - it's only just done over 47k and the next service will be the big one at 60k/6 years):

1047789335_serviceplan.thumb.PNG.aaba9f68eb024e9ec4b37092392f9ea7.PNG

1028655034_serviceplan1.thumb.PNG.c2940f62bcf3fdfc8c611a46a6c79edc.PNG

Thanks. 

Did you include the Mot in your plan? 

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

The MOT is included anyway Ben, it's only the optional things below it that aren't included.

Shall I take the service plan now and start making monthly payments for the 1st service in 1 years time or is it better to wait 10 months?