Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door clicking when opened

vic

When I open my passenger door I get a really loud click. Went to my local dealer, he had a look & his first thoughts were that it's a door pin & he has ordered some more in to replace it. But he thinks that the chassis is flexing too much when the door is opened so more than likely needs some spot welding done...anyone else experienced the same??

Originally posted by vic

he thinks that the chassis is flexing too much when the door is opened so more than likely needs some spot welding done...anyone else experienced the same??

I'd tend to agree with Tony about lubrication - had a similar thing on my offside rear door.

I wouldn't expect a pin to be worn already (unless you pick up an awful lot of passengers!).

I would be very scared of the dealer's suggestion that the chassis flexes when you open the door, and even more scared that he might be right :o

I think they all have the same number of spot welds to start with :rolleyes:

well first try the lube(ohh err!) but it could also be the spring clip that is inside the door that provides you with the various open positions when the door is open. I am just guessing here of course but i would seriously question the dealers suggestion at hte body flexing to an extent where it is clicking! (arse and talking out of, springs to mind LOL!)

well he tightened up the bolts & then sprayed some wd40 in there & opened & closed the door a few times. It didnt seem to make any difference but today I opened the door & it's loads better but there is a slight click, but nothing like it was before! So I think i'll see what happens! It probably just needed time to penetrate!