Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS430 Mk2 transmission fluid change

scandy

My GS430 Mk2 (2003) is up to 61k miles now and from what I have seen it could be an idea to consider a transmission fluid change, but there seems to be little information about it anywhere in terms of when to do it specifically for the GS430. Has anyone done this on their GS430 Mk2 and if so is it every 60k miles to do so?

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, scandy said:

My GS430 Mk2 (2003) is up to 61k miles now and from what I have seen it could be an idea to consider a transmission fluid change, but there seems to be little information about it anywhere in terms of when to do it specifically for the GS430. Has anyone done this on their GS430 Mk2 and if so is it every 60k miles to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I'd be looking at the colour and smell.  If it's red and doesn't smell burned I'd be leaving it alone.  

Hi,

In some Lexus owner's manuals it is stated that the transmission fluid is for life. However if you look up the information in the repair manual of the same model in Lexus-tech.eu you will find a specified interval in years or miles whichever comes first. 

Some models now specify in the owner's manual a transmission fluid change every 4 years or 60 000 miles whichever comes first [ RX 450H 2015 ].

Your car should be the frame UZS 161, engine type 3UZFE,  RHD, destination Europe, from July 2000 to January 2005. It has an oil dipstick for the transmission fluid and

changing the transmission fluid should an easy and straight forward job.

I would change the transmission fluid without delay. I have always changed the transmission fluids of all my cars to date every 30 000 miles or 5 years whichever comes first, for normal driving conditions in the region where I live.

Kindest regards,

Chris.