Has anyone here got a spare R/H rear ride height sensor for a 2003 Lexus RX300 SE-L? If so, how much with postage to the Isle of Man please?

It would appear the second hand one I fitted nearly 3 years ago has failed and I could live in the gap between the wheel and the arch!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yup! That's the one! Just wondered if anyone had one as I don't really want to spend the best part of £200 on one!

I have one ordered from China but will take 3 weeks to get here. It's a bit of an experiment as they're advertised on ebay for £9.95 with free shipping.

I will let you all know if they're any good, if it comes through ok and works, I will be ordering 4 to keep in stock ready for next time!753a3895240b30d8961f01f74990f992.jpg

• Like 1

That sensor from China should be fine.

In the meantime, have you taken yours off to see if its repairable? Could just need the internal contacts cleaning or one of the springs replaced.

• Like 2

That sensor from China should be fine.
In the meantime, have you taken yours off to see if its repairable? Could just need the internal contacts cleaning or one of the springs replaced.
Yes. First off, the lever is very stiff to move, theres loads of corrosion inside and one of the gold springs is seized in place and snapped in half (it was also seized to the lid of the sensor).

Safe to say FUBAR!

• Like 1

My £9.95 ebay China special arrived a couple of days ago so have just had the car in my workshop, got it up on my lift and replaced the sensor. I am pleased to report that it is all working again as it should. I had to drill the screws out of the old sensor to separate the metalwork from the plastic to use on the new sensor but the cover screws from the back of the old sensor made great replacements for these!

Decided to clean and paint the brackets etc while I had the sensor stripped down.29dad34b7d600b9cc6fed835e1e3ec00.jpg

• Thanks 1

There maybe a temp fix for you I imagine the sensor is just a swipe varible resistor ,take the other one off Measure the resistance at normal height buy a resister and solder in the unit .or I imagine most ride height sensor units are the same and you could try one off another lexus model.( Quick edit Ahh sorry I just realised you have already solved your issue.)

• Like 2