Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

It's certainly beautiful but 15k😲😵 That would buy a superb LS460, or three superb Celsiors!  

But there's always a mug out there who will pay that much for it. Remember that 1998 10k ls400 that someone on here bought? Lol never heard from him again when we told him he must have money to waste

You don't need to be a mug, the £15K is the starting point for negotiations to start. On anything in the market every now and then a special comes up for which there are no price guides to tell you what its worth. Its worth what anyone will give you for it on any given day. I doubt they will get the £15k but if I was to win the lottery this week I would start around £10k and see where it goes. I doubt there is another one out there with such low mileage so this makes this car very special and it will require a special amount of money to buy it.

• Like 3

Makes me smile, mine as done 42k and is as nice but it as been out in the rain and I find it difficult to believe the one in the ad has'nt.

As for getting the asking price the last example went for 10k so they are appreciating in price, if kept nice with low mileage.

14 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I doubt they will get the £15k but if I was to win the lottery this week I would start around £10k and see where it goes.

Same here, and I might buy a second hand 500 for fun as well, but (as my wife points out), you need to be in it to win it, and I buy a lottery ticket maybe twice a year (usually when cr*p has kicked off at work and I wish I could walk into the office and say I'm Off)

My LS is coming up to 202,000 miles and everything works, the only slight pain is the wing  mirrors need resetting every few days, and the rattle now coming from the drivers side window now and again. 

• Like 1

This car was advertised a few years back on eBay and quickly disappeared.

I remember the reg, car and location pictures quite clearly.

From past we know that cars like this sell quicker at dealers

Another low mileage was recently discussed here:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PCM said:

Shame the listing doesn't have more interior pictures ...

That's just what I was thinking.  You'd really think a car like that would have loads of nice pictures to show it at its best.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

it almost appears as the car has been bought as an investment - doing no mileage between MOTs

There are people out there who just use a nice car for special occasions. In 2002 I paid £15500 for a 10 year old Mercedes 300ce. It came with Mercedes warranty and had covered a total of 10000 miles. Servicing was done at main dealer every year,  oil and filters and age related items and all receipts were present. 

The car wasn't even run in and you would never find another.  How do you value a car like that which had cost the previous owner £42000 in 1992.(today around £100,000 plus I suspect). 

If you want the best of the best sometimes you have to pay over the odds. 

I'm not at all sure cars are generally an " investment "  might do better buying £15k of FTSE 100  shares in an ISA

a car needs maintenance and garaging, insuring etc and if you actually drive it, well, it would get dirty and depreciate the investment

Buy it and use it is the best way forward with a car of this age, not putting it in aspic

Investments are a different kettle of fish so please don't kid oneself it's going to be one

Malc

One big concern might be convincing an insurance company of its value.  Imagine paying that for it and having a slight shunt, just to be told it's a write off and the market value is £900!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am of the opinion it is worth the money......if I did not have three large dogs that go almost everywhere with me I would make him an offer.....

And as for being a Mug if you bought it for the asking price.....

to me....anyone who buys a new .....say for example .....a Ford Fiesta for £15,000 that loses five grand in the first two years is a Mug......just my view lads.

Still look for my old 400..... that was the best car I have ever owed and driven....204,000 miles of heaven....P939 UHR ...

not taxed for many years .....probably Banger Racer now poor thing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moriwaki said:

I am of the opinion it is worth the money......if I did not have three large dogs that go almost everywhere with me I would make him an offer.....

And as for being a Mug if you bought it for the asking price.....

to me....anyone who buys a new .....say for example .....a Ford Fiesta for £15,000 that loses five grand in the first two years is a Mug......just my view lads.

Still look for my old 400..... that was the best car I have ever owed and driven....204,000 miles of heaven....P939 UHR ...

not taxed for many years .....probably Banger Racer now poor thing. 

I checked my 93 MK2 recently but it was SORN last year, a brilliant car that never went wrong in my five years of ownership. Unless you include a £25 coil pack!