Have anyone fitted 225 size tyres onto the standard IS200 rims , in the hand book it states that the rims are 7JJ. Also in the hand book there is a model listed with with 215 on 7JJ rims on the front and 225 on 7.5JJ rim on the rear ?.I want to replace the Dunlop SP9000 with a full set of new tyres i have seen 225 tyres cheaper than the 215 in the same make.

I have 225 fitted to the rear on IS300 standard rims. So far ok, not rubbing, but I understand 225 can't be fitted to the front because it will rub fender, this I read from USA forum. The combo you mentioned is only for the sportcross not sedan

I had 225/45R17 on the front of my old IS200, on 8" wide IS250 wheels. Plus, the suspension was lowered on Eibach springs and I didn't have any rubbing issues. The rear tyres were even wider (245/40R17), again no rubbing.

IS200-30.thumb.jpg.cb8fab456eb6b83b1eb5e42a7ddf119a.jpgIS200-32.thumb.jpg.03bf700fcd17cfdc9e0b7e0a169c6a1a.jpg