Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60000 miles Service Gold Membership Benefits

39.95 by god dear fellow that's nearly a arm full .only people of a certain age will know that saying lol. Lucky enough mines had the big service two months before I bought it woohoo lol . do they not do cheaper servicing for cars over 5 years old my avensis was about 120 for the interim service and I can tell you now nothing more gets done on your rx .

1 hour ago, Lager shandy said:

39.95 by god dear fellow that's nearly a arm full .only people of a certain age will know that saying lol. Lucky enough mines had the big service two months before I bought it woohoo lol . do they not do cheaper servicing for cars over 5 years old my avensis was about 120 for the interim service and I can tell you now nothing more gets done on your rx .

My dealer does the 15% off everything. I am now doing less mileage 22000 per annum so 2 services a year which means I make a huge saving on servicing but keeps the extended warranty conditions. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received a service plan from Lexus Cheltenham today for the  next 3 services in May 2020, 2021 and 2022  being S1 Intermediate, S2 Full 60 and S3 Intermediate respectively and nominally to be at 50K, 60K and 70K miles.  This was offered at a total cost of £1335.00 inc VAT less Dealer discount of £65.56 Total £1269.44.  I am not sure whether this takes into account the Gold Member discount but if so discount is below expectations. I only expect to have covered 55K miles in this car by the time of the 3rd service (circa 5K miles pa) so when I visit them next week, I will see what other options there are.

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

I only expect to have covered 55K miles in this car by the time of the 3rd service (circa 5K miles pa)

Servicing is every 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest, so it would make no difference even if you were only doing 1000 miles a year, it would still need to be serviced.

35 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Servicing is every 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest, so it would make no difference even if you were only doing 1000 miles a year, it would still need to be serviced.

But by extending that reasoning a car serviced andthen  left in a garage without use for a year would need another compliant service a year later and if it was the one with new spark plugs fitted this and replacement of other parts and checking of many other items would be nonsensical.  In fact some cars now have a 2 year/20,000 mile service interval and Lexus have been left behind in this respect. However, should a car have been quite well used since the previous service but not reached the arbitrary 10K miles in a year, I can see the justification of renewing engine oil and filter because the oil will have absorbed moisture and some products of combustion and so acid formed.

8 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

But by extending that reasoning a car serviced andthen  left in a garage without use for a year would need another compliant service a year later and if it was the one with new spark plugs fitted this and replacement of other parts and checking of many other items would be nonsensical.  In fact some cars now have a 2 year/20,000 mile service interval and Lexus have been left behind in this respect. However, should a car have been quite well used since the previous service but not reached the arbitrary 10K miles in a year, I can see the justification of renewing engine oil and filter because the oil will have absorbed moisture and some products of combustion and so acid formed.

I agree, but that's just the way it is.

How many times on this forum do you see people mention the importance of a full service history when buying a car?

The manufacturer states that servicing should be done every 10k miles or 12 months, so that is what you have to do to get the stamp in the book and maintain that all-important full service history.

Lagershandy,

There is an ‘essential care’ service option provided for vehicles over 5yrs old... details below

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/

It also maintains the service stamps in the book and I guess qualifies for a gold member discount as well...hope it helps...

Kev

14 hours ago, Madsod said:

Lagershandy,

There is an ‘essential care’ service option provided for vehicles over 5yrs old... details below

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/

It also maintains the service stamps in the book and I guess qualifies for a gold member discount as well...hope it helps...

Kev

Something I will discuss with Lexus Cheltenham when I present this coming Friday afternoon.

I am well aware that many short journeys take a heavier toll on a car than covering the same sort of mileage on longer journeys.  I therefore try to avoid using the car for short journeys as much as possible minimise wear and tear, petrol, the environmental impact and not least because walking provides much needed exercise.  This does mean that my annual mileage is quite low.  In fact I would have been happy to stay with my 5 series BMW but due to back problem needed a more comfortable suv and a newer vehicle. The reasons why I and others settled on the RX is perhaps something to discuss in another thread.