Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Feel a bit of a twit now.

Called Lexus today to find out if my broken reversing light would be covered by a warranty claim. I didn't know the RCF has only one reversing light on the n/s. The o/s is a rear fog. Looked like a reverse light to me. 🤔    

Just now, The Bodyman said:

Call Lexus today to find out if my broken reversing light would be covered by a warranty claim. I didn't know the RCF has only one reversing light on the n/s. The o/s is a rear fog. Looked like a reverse light to me. 🤔    

You’re an amateur. I spent an hour trying to change it myself 🤣🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, The Bodyman said:

Call Lexus today to find out if my broken reversing light would be covered by a warranty claim. I didn't know the RCF has only one reversing light on the n/s. The o/s is a rear fog. Looked like a reverse light to me. 🤔    

Audi used to fit only one rear fog light on the A4 Avant, but strangely if you drilled out the blanking plastic over the lens in the boot the bulb holder and wiring just needed a bulb inserted to have 2 fog lights. 190e Mercedes were even better as you only had to install a bulbfowa 2nd rear fog light. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you found that out because someone mentioned only one reversing light to me a while ago and I was going to mention it to Lexus on the next service. So on the basis I've had my car 10 months now I should have known better.

• Like 1

Yesterday I have noticed the same thing i.e Lexus has to 2 clear lenses at the back and only one was lighted when my wife was reversing, I will check tomorrow if the second lense is for fog light! 🙂

• Like 1

I've had moments like that

years ago I used to have a Toyota camry and decided to change the discs and pads myself.

After removing the caliper, I thought the centre hubnut was holding the disk on - first I didn't have a large enough socket - so bought one - after trying all I could the nut would not budge - even with 2 of us pushing down on a metre long steel pole - in the end it turned out there was nothing holding the disc on - even the screw which should of been there was missing and all that was needed was a tap and it fell off !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, The Bodyman said:

Called Lexus today to find out if my broken reversing light would be covered by a warranty claim. I didn't know the RCF has only one reversing light on the n/s. The o/s is a rear fog. Looked like a reverse light to me. 🤔    

I have done exactly the same thing on the NX and only to hear the lexus dude says “you do know that lexus only has one reversing light?” 

#noshame

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links