Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help IS200 2003 P0301 errors

brens-is200

Hi all,

got a problem on my 2003 Is200  automatic. when it gets up to temp it runs really rough and shows a flashing cel  and P0301. this is a misfire on cyl 1. I have replaced the coil pack and all six spark plugs without success. It has also recorded a P0701 ( system too lean on bank 1 )

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 1  = 0.965

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 2 = 0.03v

O2 volts bank 2 sensor 1 = 0.32v

Using android and Torque Pro

there is no visible sign of any wiring damage  and  i desperately looking on what else it could be. any help would be greatly appreciated

thank in advance

brendan

1 hour ago, PCM said:

Maybe use the search function on this forum with 'P0301'?

It throws up lots of threads...

hi PCM,

thanks for that , i have checked the forums  and the Web quiet deeply and have been unable to resolve the issues hence why i posted.

regards

Brendan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brens-is200 said:

hi PCM,

thanks for that , i have checked the forums  and the Web quiet deeply and have been unable to resolve the issues hence why i posted.

regards

Brendan

I wonder if anyone can recommend a GOOD Lexus/Toyota/Japanses independent garage near you ...?

just a quick work in progress update.

I decided to check the resistances of the injectors and all within range of 13.4 -> 13.7 ohms. what i did discover was that injectors 1, 2 & 4  had oil in the electrical connectors see attached pictures. so having cleared out the oil and using electrical contact cleaner there is a marked improvement in the idle and so far no issues with the rough running. may be early days but will keep this thread updated as I have read lots of people having the same problems but never a solution been published. 

Injector 1 was by far the worst for the oil soakage and maybe this contributed to the misfire always been reported on cyl 1.   however i couldn't see how the oil is getting into the connectors  and wondering as anyone seen this  behavior ?

inject-2-1.jpg

inject-2-2.jpg

inject-4-1.jpg

inject-4-2.jpg

inject-1-1.jpg

inject-1-2.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I've seen this before. It is could be caused by a sensor leaking oil, and the oil travelling along the wiring loom to the injector connectors. Or someone spilling oil on the loom during an oil change.

hi thanks for the reply and will see if i can find the source of the oil leak. 

regards

brendan

well another update

cleaning the injector connections has made no difference  but what i noticed is that the car runs fine from cold but once you turn it of and on again thats when the misfire occurs. I then let the car go cold and then ran it until it was hot with Torque pro running ( O2 sensors b1s1 b2s1b and b1s2 been monitored)  all was fine until i shutdown the car and left it for a few minutes. 

Once restarted after a couple of seconds there was no output form sensor B2S1 . verified this a couple of time so looks like a bad 02 sensor , have one on order so will see how it goes. sadly after this its going to be the scrap keep as i have just doubled the value of the car  so far ha ha .

Cant understand how the B2S1 sensor is causing a misfire on cyl 1, a bad B1S1 faulty sensor makes sense but not the B2S1 can anyone enlighten me  ??

thanks for looking

Brendan

god iam getting fed up of this problem. 

brief update:

moved coils from 1,2,3 cyl to 4,5,6, and vice versa

removed shielding from the wires  going to cyl 1 coil pack  to see if there was any damage ( non found )

removed and cleaned the 2 Earth points on the head.

ran car all day yesterday without issue but i dont trust that its fixed 

so is the possible fix one of the above I dont know , but it may just work for you.

brendan

• 1 month later...