I don't know if this may have been addressed before but as it happened to me, here's my penny worth...

As the title says above I had the warning light pop up with the warning triangle as soon as I touched the brake pedal.The culprit turned out to be the high level brake light in the rear window, easy to forget, easy to replace.

Tap the cowling on the right hand side to release the lugs.

Separate the bulb holder from the cowling.

Pop in a new bulb (which is the same as the other brake light bulbs). Halfords 580 bulb.

Re insert into the holder.

Slide the cowling back into place

Tap on the left side to secure - done - 2 minutes tops!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lex - eleven said:

I don't know if this may have been addressed before but as it happened to me, here's my penny worth...

As the title says above I had the warning light pop up with the warning triangle as soon as I touched the brake pedal.The culprit turned out to be the high level brake light in the rear window, easy to forget, easy to replace.

Tap the cowling on the right hand side to release the lugs.

Separate the bulb holder from the cowling.

Pop in a new bulb (which is the same as the other brake light bulbs). Halfords 580 bulb.

Re insert into the holder.

Slide the cowling back into place

Tap on the left side to secure - done - 2 minutes tops!

Hope this helps.

Good info, I've never had one go but now you mention how easy it is I may look at putting in an LED.

• Like 1

Good info, I've never had one go but now you mention how easy it is I may look at putting in an LED.
Read somewhere that the later 430's don't get the warning light and there may be an issue fitting l.e.d's but if you fit one and they work let us know.

8 minutes ago, lex - eleven said:

Read somewhere that the later 430's don't get the warning light and there may be an issue fitting l.e.d's but if you fit one and they work let us know. emoji106.png

I will, I've ordered some today so I'll try the brake light in the rear window and the others if it works ok.  I bought the ones with the built in resistor to avoid warning lights... hopefully!  £11 for 4.

• Like 1