Pastore

Just bought my first Lexus!

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

I've just bought my very first Lexus, I've had it about 2 weeks now and just getting used to it, love it so far. I don't know a great deal about cars so wanted to join a forum, this looks like a good website and looking forward to getting involved in any banter also lol. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Nadeem :smile:

Tis indeed a great place to hang out. :thumbs_up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nadeem and welcome to the club.

We had a 2005 RX300 before trading up to our current RX450h so I know you'll love the car

Let's see some photos of your new beast when you can, and if you need to ask any questions or need any help, be sure to post in the dedicated RX forum rather than this 'New Members' area. There's lots of helpful folk around and I'm sure you'll get any answers you need.

Above all else, enjoy the car!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcome, one of the reasons that swayed me into buying this particular one was the wheels on it. It has the Lexus logo on them so figured they are official but didn't see them on the others RX300's I had shortlisted. I also tinted the rear lights, got 2 dashcams fitted and debadged the rear. I just took these photos this morning and yes I know I need to take it car wash tomorrow lol. 

20190831_064932.jpg

20190831_064921.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Herbie said:

Hi Nadeem and welcome to the club.

We had a 2005 RX300 before trading up to our current RX450h so I know you'll love the car

Let's see some photos of your new beast when you can, and if you need to ask any questions or need any help, be sure to post in the dedicated RX forum rather than this 'New Members' area. There's lots of helpful folk around and I'm sure you'll get any answers you need.

Above all else, enjoy the car!

Thanks, how long did you have your RX300 for and how many miles was on it when you got rid of it? Just wondering how many miles it can take as mine is high lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had intended to keep our RX300 for at least five years and probably more but we had a change of circumstances and received some inheritance money, so we traded it in for our current car just two years after buying it.

It had 79k miles on when we bought it and about 102k when we sold it. It was absolutely rock-solid and I'm confident that it would have gone on for another 100k miles at least.

Within a month of buying it and knowing we were keeping it for a long time, we had it converted to LPG and it was excellent. The conversion cost about £1,400 if I remember right but was well worth it. I seem to remember that running on petrol was coming out at about 22.5p per mile but after conversion, running on LPG was about 12 or 13p per mile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Herbie said:

We had intended to keep our RX300 for at least five years and probably more but we had a change of circumstances and received some inheritance money, so we traded it in for our current car just two years after buying it.

It had 79k miles on when we bought it and about 102k when we sold it. It was absolutely rock-solid and I'm confident that it would have gone on for another 100k miles at least.

Within a month of buying it and knowing we were keeping it for a long time, we had it converted to LPG and it was excellent. The conversion cost about £1,400 if I remember right but was well worth it. I seem to remember that running on petrol was coming out at about 22.5p per mile but after conversion, running on LPG was about 12 or 13p per mile.

Interesting, for some reason I didn't think hybrids could run on LPG, shows how little I know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Interesting, for some reason I didn't think hybrids could run on LPG, shows how little I know!

I think you've misunderstood Phil. We now have a hybrid but it was our old RX300 non-hybrid that we had converted to LPG.

Although it is technically possible to convert a hybrid and some people have, personally I wouldn't. I really don't see the point in adding another layer of complexity into a car that is already very complex as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Herbie said:

I think you've misunderstood Phil. We now have a hybrid but it was our old RX300 non-hybrid that we had converted to LPG.

Although it is technically possible to convert a hybrid and some people have, personally I wouldn't. I really don't see the point in adding another layer of complexity into a car that is already very complex as it is.

Ah, I see, thank you for clearing that up🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 205 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old