Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A year with the Celsior gone already!

Just so hard to believe its been a year.  A faultless one thankfully, including a drive to Austria.  And my first MOT passed without an advisory.  It's on 68k now with 6k covered by me. Also this year's insurance is the same as last year which has to be a first!  Should I ever decide to buy another,  I would always go now for a Japanese import, they're just so well looked after.  Here's hoping I can say the same in 12 months time!

• Like 4

Tempus fugit ! 

Just too expensive to buy from Japan whilst the currency is at such a low exchnage rate. 

With a £1500 Shipping charge it makes little sense to buy blind, and have to cope with Japanese instrument language for some things.  Its also a misnoma that all Japanese Cars are rust free apparantly.

Low mileage is of course the plus to all this and bargains to be had if you have the patience to wait for what arrives and hope that it meets expectations.  Clearly your has, Phil.  Excellent buy.   

8 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Tempus fugit ! 

Just too expensive to buy from Japan whilst the currency is at such a low exchnage rate. 

With a £1500 Shipping charge it makes little sense to buy blind, and have to cope with Japanese instrument language for some things.  Its also a misnoma that all Japanese Cars are rust free apparantly.

Low mileage is of course the plus to all this and bargains to be had if you have the patience to wait for what arrives and hope that it meets expectations.  Clearly your has, Phil.  Excellent buy.   

I get what you're saying but what I really meant was I'd buy one already imported, already registered and with the instruments converted from KM's to MPH. I know you pay a bit more but it means you get to inspect the car before parting with hard earned cash, plus you have the law on your side in respect of buying from a dealer.🙂

• Like 2

That does make sense. I forgot you bought it this way. Pay a bit more but get a better looked after Car. Inspection possible.

I suspect that importers aren't making too much money however in this trade.  The black one (t'bay) still remains unsold although pictured elsewhere to original listing. At £4000 it is difficult to see how a profit could be made by importing that Car unless it was very low priced to start with, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

That does make sense. I forgot you bought it this way. Pay a bit more but get a better looked after Car. Inspection possible.

I suspect that importers aren't making too much money however in this trade.  The black one (t'bay) still remains unsold although pictured elsewhere to original listing. At £4000 it is difficult to see how a profit could be made by importing that Car unless it was very low priced to start with, for whatever reason.

I've seen that car as well and it is very nice, although he only does small time dealing and his cars are still in KM's

• 1 month later...

I could not be happier with my imported celsior If I am honest.

It has just not given me the grief of the two ls430s I had before in fact I am trying very hard to find something to do on mine....

The only thing I would do when getting a new one... if I ever do Is I would love to drive it home from the auction... visas allowing.

Just got back from a long trip to Asia and I think its possible motivation permitting 

5 hours ago, skyway said:

I am trying very hard to find something to do on mine....

that's assuming you've already changed the radiator re the issue of water ingress into the gearbox ?

Malc

7 hours ago, skyway said:

I could not be happier with my imported celsior If I am honest.

It has just not given me the grief of the two ls430s I had before in fact I am trying very hard to find something to do on mine....

The only thing I would do when getting a new one... if I ever do Is I would love to drive it home from the auction... visas allowing.

Just got back from a long trip to Asia and I think its possible motivation permitting 

So how have you found the ride as I know yours has factory fitted conventional suspension?

The ride has been very good.

The only difference while I am driving to running with air shocks is the release of tension.

The worry over burst bags and split lines and will the car raise or will I get the dropped corner or two like I had with the other Ls430.

I do have to connect the small external cooler I mounted a few months ago although I am worried about the drop in AFT as I fit the pipes ,,,it being a 05 with no dip stick to help adjust the levels.

I do believe there are some level bolts mind you, no idea where they are as of yet.

3 hours ago, skyway said:

The ride has been very good.

The only difference while I am driving to running with air shocks is the release of tension.

The worry over burst bags and split lines and will the car raise or will I get the dropped corner or two like I had with the other Ls430.

I do have to connect the small external cooler I mounted a few months ago although I am worried about the drop in AFT as I fit the pipes ,,,it being a 05 with no dip stick to help adjust the levels.

I do believe there are some level bolts mind you, no idea where they are as of yet.

When you disconnect the transmission hoses very little comes out because its not under pressure.  The easiest way is to fill your cooler, block the tubes temporarily then quickly make the connection, you'll loose just a few drops.  

3 hours ago, skyway said:

Btw Phil I came across this.... Which I am going to try out before christmas...  I will let you know how it goes

I'll be very interested to know how this goes!

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

When you disconnect the transmission hoses very little comes out because its not under pressure.  The easiest way is to fill your cooler, block the tubes temporarily then quickly make the connection, you'll loose just a few drops.  

Thanks Phil I will do that mid week. 

Its about £250.00 for the unit above... it will if it works right take the problem of not being able to read Japanese and the fact I have a sony mini disk system in my car of all things.

How are you getting on with those lovely wool seats Phil? 

2 hours ago, skyway said:

Thanks Phil I will do that mid week. 

Its about £250.00 for the unit above... it will if it works right take the problem of not being able to read Japanese and the fact I have a sony mini disk system in my car of all things.

How are you getting on with those lovely wool seats Phil? 

I'd be happy to pay £250 for something that upgrades like that. I have to say the wool upholstery is just superb, even in the very hot weather we had there was no screaming when sitting on hot leather!  I took one of the front wheels off today just to have a nose around, I was amazed to see parts like the upper control arm still shiny!

IMG_20191006_152548379.thumb.jpg.2fdcdb67313f0b1bfa495e96bccf2307.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links