Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Borrowed a brand new IS and I’m impressed

Firstly, I’ve had my own IS300h previously and it was fine but I’m in a brand new IS just for a week and it’s great.  I’ve just chopped in my September 2018 NX Premium ready to pick up my new ES. Rather than picking up the ES on the 1 September I’ve elected to wait until Friday 6 September.  My local dealer has leant me a brand new IS (19 plate, practically zero miles) to get me through to Friday.  After my NX it’s so much more comfortable, not surprisingly wayyyyyyy quicker and super quiet and smooth.  It’s s base model but with Premium Pack.  The PP wheels are stunning and overall it’s a very striking car particularly in Sonic White.  I like a lot.  I’m missing BSM, RCTA-B and the HUD but otherwise it’s great.  Weirdly, it has the 10.3” screen like the NX but it appears deeper than the NX which makes driving in nav mode easier. The NX’s screen appears very shallow - think letterbox - and it’s impossible to read street names on the NX’s screen whilst on the IS they’re larger.  Two things I don’t like:  still has the foot operated parking brake and the infotainment menu and reversing camera image are still in around 6-7” mode so there’s black space around the screen edge.  Seems strange not to have updated the software to use the larger screen.  

Habu

• Like 2