Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are There Any Dashboard Fuse Boxes?

SH20

Although I have looked I haven't found any fuse boxes under the left or right side of the dashboard.   Are there any?.  The large fuse boxes under the bonnet seem to be it.    My previous GS450 had boxes on both sides of the dash board.    I really wanted to hard wire my dash cam and wonder where Lexus dealers pick up the ignition source feed from when they install the official Lexus Dash Cam that they sell.   

7 hours ago, SH20 said:

Although I have looked I haven't found any fuse boxes under the left or right side of the dashboard.   Are there any?.  The large fuse boxes under the bonnet seem to be it.    My previous GS450 had boxes on both sides of the dash board.    I really wanted to hard wire my dash cam and wonder where Lexus dealers pick up the ignition source feed from when they install the official Lexus Dash Cam that they sell.   

Your Handbook will identify the location and purpose of the fuses, Steve.

Handbook shows a picture of a fuse box in the driver's footwell area but I think it is likely to be a US ES350 because there is no visible fuse box flap anywhere to be seen on my car.  

18 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Handbook shows a picture of a fuse box in the driver's footwell area but I think it is likely to be a US ES350 because there is no visible fuse box flap anywhere to be seen on my car.  

Might be in the passenger side footwell in that case, worth a look

Are you looking far enough up? You quite often have to lie on your back with your head looking right up to the top of the dash, not kneeling outside the car and looking  'forwards' to the engine bay.

Found it Rayaan, you were right it's in the passenger footwell tucked away on the extreme left hand side up against the A post inner trim panel.   Looks like it holds about 15 fuses and my local dealer said they pick up the necessary ignition controlled fuse from there to power the official Lexus Nextbase dash cam.    I will now install my hard wire kit and abandon the 12 volt aux socket which powers my dash cam just now.   Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Anyone fitting a dash cam that you want to turn on and off in sync with starting and turning off the engine should piggy back off  the 20amp windscreen washer circuit fuse (yellow) located in the small fuse board in the passenger footwell.   There is a very handy earth point just were the carpet ends in the passenger footwell.  Simples.

Be warned though when you unclip the nearside screen pillar trim to fed the camera cable down the inside of the fabric covered trim  the very unusual clip arrangement  at the top of the trim is awkward to relocate if you want the pillar trim to go back perfectly.   I had to order a new one at £4 from the dealer to ensure the trim snapped back fully home.   

Been a while Mark since I saw a comment from you on the forum.  I think that now I have bought my first ever new car the days of looking for something to do are not so crucial to me.    Having said that I am thinking of making an adaptor to fit the top of the scissor jack supplied with the car.  The jacking plates I have permanently fitted  at the 4 jacking corner points  enable me to use my large trolley jack at home and for the dealer to lift my car up without damaging the sill flanges.  However I carry a small mini trolley jack in a case in the boot which takes up space and is quite heavy.     It will be a sort of flat cup design that will enclose the jacking plate but will then pivot slightly to allow for the angle change as the car rises on the scissor jack.    Usually a wooden mock up is best  before a metal copy is made.  The photo of the jacking plate shows it on my LS, one for each corner. I simply take them off each time I change my car and fit them to the next car.  

image.thumb.png.c5abff6720c85a08d3e7a74a71e4f77a.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links