Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres for the NX

Hello folks,

I'm looking for some recommendations for replacing my tyres in the not-too-distant future please.

I don't do an awful lot of driving these days, although I am driving up to Lincolnshire on Saturday and then down to Cornwall, each just for a few days.  I probably do about 12000 miles per year now but that is pretty equally split between my NX and my wife's Yaris.

Most of my driving therefore is pretty much local with runs of 25 to 40 mile round trips.

I am ideally looking for quiet running in the main.  I don't go out in the ice and snow unless it's vital but, there are many occasions when it's tipping down with rain:boat:

Any help will as always, be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Michelin Cross Climates. 

Michelin often run promotions end of this month into October. Ive had 2 sets of tyres with £100 cashback on preloaded Visa card. 

Last month I had a horrendous journey on a flooded M5 and they were great. 

They also are extremely quiet compared to the OE Dunlops on my RX

I put Michelin cross climate on my NX after 5k on Yokohama which I hated. What a difference. Even Lexus sales were amazed at how quiet car was with them on.  So they my recommendation.  Lexus Bolton even priced matched cheapest quote I had.

Another one for Cross Climates. I’ve fitted them to a few of my cars in the past and they’ve always given me extra confidence in bad weather.

I replaced the factory fit Kumhos with them on my NX and they’ve made such a difference to the ride and road noise. It’s smoother and the road noise now competes with wind noise on the motorway, rather than dominating it.

Well worth it!

OK chaps, thank you for your input.  I have decided on the cross climates but am just wondering if any of you can recall what sort of pennies you paid for them.

The local chap (to me) has quoted £147.00 per tyre fitted.

I saw somewhere that the tyre has been superceded and it is now the Cross Climate +

Yes the Crossclimate + is being rolled out. Design is the same. Compound is slightly different and supposedly lasts longer.

You might be able to get a good deal on "old" stock?....

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I run the cross climates so far very pleased quite a reassuring and good feedback when driving, I only chose this over the Avon's for one reason at the time trying to find someone with any in stock.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk